Kurt "Puppy Dog Eyes" Cobain

(Kate's POV): Kurt and I walked into my apartment a little past eleven thirty. He was quiet as he looked around. "It's a little small but it's temporary. You okay to sleep on a couch?" I asked. "Are you kidding? That's more than enough." he put his suitcase down beside the couch and sat on it. "It's real comfy too. Was this expensive?"

        "Not too expensive. You hungry?" "I'm starved." Kurt said. "Well help yourself to whatever's in the kitchen while I go change." I went into my bedroom and closed the door after me. I started to head to the dresser when a realization hit me. Kurt Cobain is in my living room, about to sleep on my couch and eat my food. I thought. 

        When I woke up this morning everything was normal and now Kurt Cobain is sleeping on my couch. What are the odds? I took off my clothes and changed into some pajamas. When I went back into the kitchen, Kurt was still looking in the fridge. "I'm not sure what to take. I don't want to eat all your food." he said with an innocent smile.

        I grinned. I never realized how cute he was. Somehow the whole scruffy homeless musician look was adorable on him. I thought. "I can just replace it. It really isn't a big deal. I made some garlic prawn spaghetti earlier. I figured you might be back here so I made enough for two."

        I grabbed a bowl from the cabinet and scooped some spaghetti into it. Kurt was waiting behind me like an eager kid in a lunch line. I laughed when I visualized a young Kurt standing in line in the cafeteria happily waiting his turn to get food. I handed him the bowl and he said thank you and took it to the table to start eating. I poured him some juice in a tea cup and when I turned around to take it to him he was standing there holding out his empty bowl. "Can I have some more?" he asked with big blue puppy dog eyes.

        My eyes widened when I saw the bowl was empty. "Good, gracious, you eat fast!" I gave him another bowl full and set the juice down at the table with him.

        When he was finished eating he drank all of his juice then took his dishes to the sink and began washing them. "I'm glad you do your own dishes. Most people don't." I said. "Well I really appreciate that you're letting me stay here so I don't mind." Kurt said.

        "I should probably get to bed now. I usually don't stay up very late." I started to walk to my bedroom when Kurt said, "You don't have a boyfriend that's going to come in and see me sleeping here and beat me up do you?" I started laughing. "No, no boyfriend. You're safe." I remembered he didn't have anything to sleep with so I grabbed a quilt from the closet and set it on the couch. "I hope you'll be comfortable. This is all I really have. And the thermostat isn't working right now so we can't turn on the heater." "I've been through worse." Kurt said.

        He went over to the couch and sat down. "Want me to leave a pack of cigarettes with you?" I asked. Kurt smiled. "You know me well already." I went to my room and grabbed a fresh pack of cigarettes and my Jimi Hendrix lighter. "Your special lighter?" I nodded. "You're my guest so you get the royal treatment."

        "How long can I stay here?" Kurt asked. I shrugged my shoulders. "I never really thought about that. As long as you feel comfortable, I guess." "Or until you meet someone. Because I'm sure he won't like a smelly homeless guy living with you." Kurt joked. "I'll make sure you shower so you don't smell." "You still might meet someone." he said taking a cigarette out the pack.

        It felt like he was nonchalantly trying to ask me if I would meet anyone in the future. Normally I see guys behave like this when they're interested in me. Could Kurt really be interested in me? I'm just a little British girl but he's...Kurt Cobain. I thought. "Maybe I will." I said, testing the waters. He looked at me and in his eyes I could see a combination of hurt and suspicion, like he didn't know if I was joking but was hoping that  I was.

        "Goodnight, Kurt, I'll see you in the morning."