"So we just have to wait?" Harry asked.

"Yep," Sirius confirmed. "I suggest going to sleep."

"Before anyone goes to sleep, how are you two planning on getting to the muggle hospital?" Lily asked.

"Hermione was gonna drive us but if we had to, we know an alley to apparate into," Harry answered.

"Do you want to sleep or do something else?" Marlene asked Rose as she ran a hand through her curly hair.

"I want to-ow, ow, ow."

Rose gasped in pain as another contraction hit. Harry immediately made his way to her side, rubbing her back with one hand and letting her squeeze his other. Rose panted as the contraction passed.

"Harry, write down what time it is and how long that lasted," Sirius ordered. Harry nodded and shakily stood up to find a piece of paper.

"What do you want to do, sweetie?" Marlene asked softly.

"I think I want to go downstairs," Rose said. "Maybe watch a movie."

"That sounds good," Lily said.

"I have to go back home," Sirius said. "Regulus and Gabrielle are staying there right now, and they got woken up by the patronus too. I'm gonna go tell them what's going on and check in on the twins and then I'll be right back."

Rose waved bye to her dad as Harry helped her stand up.

"Why didn't you vanish that?" Marlene asked, a disgusted look on her face as she helped Rose avoid where her water had broke.

"I was a little busy," Harry answered. The walk downstairs was a slow one, as Rose had to stop every few steps to catch her breath. Her insides felt like they were going to fall out, and she wanted to lay down. It took them almost five minutes to get downstairs, just in time for another contraction to hit.

"Harry, I hate you," Rose said through clenched teeth as she tried to breath through the pain.

"Ouch," James said, causing Harry to glare at him. "Don't worry. They're always mean when they're in labor."

"I will rip your di-"

Harry put his hand over Rose's mouth to prevent her from threatening her father-in-law. James looked offended as he moved so Rose could sit down in the living room. She curled up on the couch, a pillow under her belly as she tried to get comfortable. Tillie and Potato both curled up next to her. Tillie's was laying on her back, purring gently while Potato was warming her feet. Marlene, Lily and James all curled into the other chairs, trying not to fall asleep. They were still wearing their pajamas since they had left in a rush.

"Merlin, we're about to have a baby," Harry breathed.

"We?" Rose asked, an eyebrow raised. "I'm doing all the work."

"Yeah, but you wouldn't be doing the work if it weren't for me," Harry said. Rose and the three parents all groaned, Marlene throwing a pillow at his head.

"Mum, I'm coming to live with you," Rose said, sending her husband a disgusted look. Before anyone could respond the front door was thrown open.

"We came as soon as we heard!" Hermiome yelled, running through the house to find Rose.

"Aren't you supposed to be at the hospital?" Ron asked.

"Not for a little bit," Harry answered.

"We'll probably leave in an hour no matter what," Marlene spoke up. "We don't want to accidentally give birth here or in the car."

"Merlin help us all if she does," James said with a snort.