car rides and nerves

✰✰✰

(3rd person POV)

(y/n) stirs awake. Hotch had been up for a little now, he was watching (y/n) sleep which sounds creepy but it wasn't. He was admiring her beauty, he watched as her chest rose and fell. She opened her eyes and look over at Hotch. "Good morning beautiful." He said softly. (y/n) groaned turning over on her right side moving the blanket over her head. Aaron chuckled rubbing her shoulder. "Baby we have to get up." he says quietly leaning down to kiss her shoulder. "Noooo." she groaned. He looked at the clock 5:30 am. They needed to leave by 8:30. "I have to leave now I never slept in  my own room." he says more loudly this time. "Fine whatever." she mumbles still clearly asleep. 

8:30

Everyone except for (y/n) was in the lobby. "Maybe we should just leave her here." Morgan says chuckling. "Sorry! Sorry sorry sorry. Here I am here." She says panting. "Why were you so late?" JJ asks. "Long story let's go." She says between pants. The reason she was late was she slept in for an hour then took a shower. So not so long but they needed to leave. They all walked out of the hotel and to the cars. "How did you sleep?" Emily asks as, Hotch, Reid and Rossi pile into the car. She look over at Hotch he smirked slightly, "I slept just fine." 

(y/n) POV

I kept thinking about what Hotch had said. He- he loved me? He couldn't we barely knew each other! It was probably him coming off of the high of sex. Yeah that's it. That didn't change my heart rate though. My heart beated a million miles a minute. I was looking out the window, I watched the tree line. I kept trying to control my breathing but it wasn't working I was nervous and excited? Well what if he didn't mean it?  Of course he didn't mean it! "We're here." Emily says shaking my arm a bit. I hadn't even realised how close we were. I didn't pay attention to much on the car ride over. I just was thinking about Hotch. We step out and get into our jet. I get a window seat and look out. I put my headphones in but I didn't put anything on, I was just thinking. Eventually the plane had been going for a while. Everyone was asleep except Reid, Hotch and me. Reid was reading with noise canceling headphones, so nothing could distract him. I wasn't normally this nervous about a guy, I guess I haven't had a good reason to be. One night stands that it. 

I take my headphones off and set them down on the seat next to me. Hotch was across from me reading as case file like always. I stand up and sit down next to him. He continues to read the file ignoring me. Fine if he wants to be like that. I rest my head on his shoulder, I move not 30 seconds later. I start tapping my feet. I blew out of my mouth I lean back and start to hum. "Alright what do you want (y/n)?" he asks setting down the file. "Oh nothing just bored." I lie trying to make it obvious that I am. "Are you ok?" he asks. I stop joking around. "Yeah why?" I was mostly, ok I was still nervous from what he said but since he didn't know that I knew so I had to pretend I didn't know which was hard. "You seem really nervous." he says tilting his head. "Oh yeah? Why do you think that?" I challenge. "You weren't talking on the car ride over, you like to take long showers when your nervous and you were almost late this morning. You didn't out anything on your headphones. And you want attention." he concludes. All of which were true. "My friends are right. Profilers are no fun." I huff standing up and sitting next to Spencer. He looks at me then takes his headphones off. "Yeah?" he squeaks out. Was he scared of me? I mean I was very intimidating but Reid was nice. "Just wanting to hear about your book." I lie. Reid begins to talk about his book I pretend to be very interested. He was very cute when he was talking about his passion. But I wasn't focused on that I was focused on Hotch's eyes on me I left him hanging he still didn't know why I was nervous. 

Finally home. I was still in the office getting a few things. "(y/n) can you please talk to me in my office?" Hotch asks. Morgan and Emily start "Oooooooooooo." as they pack up there things. I stand up leaving my bag on my desk. "Shut up guys." I say jokingly. I walk behind him into his office his windows were still up so no sex... what could he want? "What's up Hotch?" I ask crossing my arms over my chest. "Please tell me why you are so nervous?" he says closing the door. He sits down. I take the chair in front of his desk and flip it around. "Because I was going to as you on a date so I got nervous." I say trying to cover up the real reason. I didn't want him to know I knew. But the sound of us going on a real date sounded I don't know it sounded nice. 

✰✰✰