"I've missed you too Jamila, Hania has been bugging me with scheduling my walks, diets, medicines, exercise I'm so tried."

"I'm sorry I'm not going to help you with that." She said as they reached Inayat's room. "However I can sometimes promise to give you a getaway from her."

"I'd love that." Meera said knocking on Inayat's door and stepping in.

"Ammi jaan." She called entering the sitting room. "Amm-."

"She's asleep. You'll wake her up." The voice made the hair on her back stand. It had been two months since she had seen him and the last memories of him were the ones she never wanted to relive.

Meera looked at him, he looked like the familiar stranger she had met all those months ago in the tents, who had forced her to marry him, who had dragged her all the way to Agra.
She was familiar to his features but she doubt if she really knew him at all.

Meera wet her lips, her throat had parched, the man in front of her made the pain she had left in the past to resurface.

"Uh I'm sorry." She said in a small voice and turned to leave.

"Sorry for what exactly." Haider called, he wanted to look at her a few seconds more. He didn't know he had missed her so much in the past few months. She looked so much better than when he had last seen her, he was glad the last memory of her from now on wouldn't be of that one haunting night he regretted.

"For barging in." She said turning to face him again. "That's all I'm sorry about." She said boldly.
"And congratulations on the wedding and the baby." She said giving him a small smile.

He looked at her, he knew her words were sincere and so was her smile and her happiness for him twisted the invisible dagger already plunged in his heart.

"Thank you. I do deserve some happiness."

"You do." She said softly and turned around to leave.

As soon as Meera stepped out of the room hyperventilating, Hania and Jamila gave her a puzzled look because she looked pale.

"Are you alright Malika ?" Jamila asked worried.

"Is the baby okay ? What happened."

"Let's just go to my room." Meera said rushing towards her room.

"Meera baaji slow down." Hania said.
"Please just slow down." She said rushing behind her.

In the rush to distant herself from Haider, Meera had forgotten about the extra care she had to take for herself. As she rushed on the carpeted floor, due to lack of friction between her foot and the silken carpet, Meera slipped.

Haina shrieked as she saw Meera fall and paralysed. The maids working around rushed to help Meera, Jamila too was at her side at once.

The pain in Meera's back had immobilised her. Meera could feel the pain radiate to her lower abdomen.

"Call the Hakim, call th..the Hakim." Meera croaked as tears slipped from her eyes. She could bear all the pain but the mother in her wanted to cry worried about the safety of her child.

Haider had rushed out after hearing Hania scream. He walked towards the main corridor were the women had circled around someone.

"What's wrong ?" He asked to the maid standing a few steps away.

"The queen slipped." Haider's heart stopped beating for a second.

'Who had it been? Was it Zulekha?' Haider though panicking 'She was pregnant, she couldn't afford the fall, she was carrying his child.'

Haider rushed towards them, the crowd parted at his presence.
He saw Meera lying there crying holding Hania's hand who too was hysterical.

"Please.. please save him." She cried unaware of Haider's presence.

Haider bent down and kneeled next to her.

"Meera you are going to be okay." He said, he tucked her hair behind her ear and held her other hand he breathed a sigh of relief not finding Zulekha on the floor.

"Please call the Hakim, my baby." Meera cried.

"Calm down Malika." Hania said wiping her tears. "He's going to be okay." She said.

Haider looked at the two confused.

Meera let out a cry and placed her hand on her belly yanking it from Haider's hold.

Haider's eyes traveled, following the movement of her hand. As she placed her hand on her stomach her bump became evident.
His eyes widened with shock, it felt as if everything around him had stopped. All he could here was his own heartbeat and breathing.

Jamila pushed aside everyone as she came with the Hakim. Push from the Hakim had brought Haider back from his daze.

He could see Meera weeping and Hania too trying to console Meera.
Meera's breathing became shallow as the Hakim placed a glass vial below her nose.
Her eyelids began to droop.

Meera looked at Hania and held her hand tightly.
"Don..don't let...let them harm my ba..baby." She struggled to say and soon her body slump.

AN: sorry I had an early morning scheduled surgery lecture.
Could only half concentrate my notifications were blowing up with your reminders for an update 😂

To top it all the mishap with my app.

I know you guys want the truth to come out, for people to feel guilty but have patients my loves.

I hope you like the chapter !!

Lots of love