Chapter 21

GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM

Ron: Hermione, there you are.

Ron blushes on seeing Hermione. Hermione smiles.

Hermione: Ready to go?

Ron: Y-Yeah... you- you look nice.

Hermione: Thanks, Ron.

Harry: Er- you both go ahead. I'm meeting Draco at the Great Hall.

Ron: Aight, cya there, mate.

HOGWARTS, GREAT HALL ENTRANCE

Draco and Blaise were at the entrance of the Great Hall, where Draco would he meeting Harry.

Blaise: I'm going to go first. Good luck.

Blaise leaves. Harry comes shortly after.

Draco: Always late.

Harry grins.

Harry: You look charming.

Draco was wearing very dark green dress robes with a white bow tie and a high collar- similar to what he wore at the Yule Ball.

Draco (blushing): You don't look so bad yourself.

Harry: Shall we?

Harry grabbed Draco by the arm. Harry could feel his face turn red. Draco was freaking out inside. Together, they made their way to Slughorn's office, where the party was.

HOGWARTS, SLUGHORN'S OFFICE

Professor Slughorn: Harry, m'boy! Oh, Draco, good to see you. Not to sound rude but, I didn't exactly invite...

Harry: He's with me, Professor.

Professor Snape turned around to face Harry and Draco on hearing this.

Professor Slughorn: Ah, of course.

Slughorn waddles away as Snape walks over, his lips thin.

Professor Snape: May I have a word, Draco?

Harry opens his mouth to speak but Draco stops him from doing so.

Draco: No, I don't think so, sir. I'm here to have fun, not to catch up with my professors.

Harry's eyes widened at these words. Severus Snape, somebody he thought Draco had high respect for-

Draco (turning to Harry): Come on.

Harry follows behind Draco.

Draco: This party is pretty boring.

Harry: I guess. Hermione says something interesting will happen tonight here. Do you know what it is?

Draco froze. The answer was 'yes', Draco indeed knew what would happen, but he didn't want Harry to know just yet.