A New Journey! A New Sun!

As our heroes are eating breakfast at the Pokemon Center, Serena tells Dawn and May about how she is going back to traveling with Ash.

"You're kidding right?" May shouted in disbelief.

"What about contests?!" Dawn said looking over at Serena.

"It's okay you guys, I'll still be doing performances, I'll just be farther away than I normally am." Serena said and both girls smiled and sat back down.

"Do you think your dad will let her stay Chloe?" Goh asked Chloe who looked over and nodded.

"He has two guest rooms, so I think she can stay there. After all it will be nice to be living with Serena." Chloe eyes sparkled and Goh laughed.

"So Ash are you fine with this?" Dawn asked and Ash nodded.

"He was actually the one that thought about long distance performances." Serena said smiling.

"Ash can have ideas outside of battles?" May said confused, laughing.

"Well we are in a research group going all over the world researching many types of pokemon." Ash said stuffing his mouth.

"either way it'll be nice to have Serena back." Ash said smiling and Serena looked over and smiled.

"Thanks Ash, it'll be nice having you back too." Serena said smiling then confused.

"Say Ash why are you in the Hoenn region in the first place?" Serena asked.

"Oh yeah I totally forgot!" Ash said with his mouth full, as he swallowed it all down.

"We're here to research the legendary pokemon Kyogre and Groudon!" Ash said getting excited about hearing those names.

"Of course you forgot Ash, Lucky for you I got all the research data we need for the two." Chloe said with a sigh.

"Thank you so much Chloe." Goh said smiling at Chloe.

"All right guys we better get going!" Ash said as he was all ready to go.

"Hey Dawn, May. I'll check up on you two once in a while." Ash said smiling.

"Thanks Ash, it will be a nice surprise!" May said as she waved them off.

"So where are we going back to?" Serena asked the group

"Well we're going back to the research lab back in Vermillion City." Ash said as Pikachu jumped off his shoulder onto Serena's.

"I missed you too Pikachu." Serena said with a curious tone.

"Hey Ash, where was Pikachu last night?" Serena said patting the pokemon's head.

"Well Dallas's Skarmory did a big number to it, so he had to stay with Ms.Joy over night." Ash said smiling at Pikachu.

"Well that battle must've been tough huh Pikachu?" As Serena scratches the under of her chin.

"So Ash, I heard from Steven you're the Aloan Champion, is that true?" Serena asked with curiosity.

"Well I did, and it was a weird feeling...." Ash said looking towards the ground.

"Ash?..." Serena said putting her hand on his shoulder.

"It felt great but I felt like I was missing something. So now I'm in the World Championship to be the number one trainer in the world." Ash said looking over at Serena and smiled.

"Number one trainer in the world?" Serena asked curious.

"Exactly, I even got to battle him." Ash's said thinking of Leon.