"Secret Protection"

(Warning: Violence)

Request from: @EeveeLove28

(Yandere!Cross x Nightmare)

"Cross." The goopy skeleton said quietly as he leaned towards Cross, their faces inches apart.

"Yes, Boss?"  Cross blushed slightly when his name was called out by the person he both feared and loved the most. The fact that he could feel Nightmare's cold breath was definitely something he needed to remember and treasure.

"I know that you've been following me around." He whispered softly into Cross's non-existent ear. "Mind telling me why?"

All the color were drained from Cross's face and was replaced with pure shock. He flinched, not knowing how to respond to him. He couldn't just straight up tell Nightmare that he was his crush and that he killed people for him. No, that would make him sound creepy and look weird in front of him. He quickly replaced his shocked expression with a smile, which only lasted a second before it turned back to shock once again as Nightmare pinned him against the wall.

"Answer me, Cross." He growled softly, staring intently at Cross's face.

Somehow Cross managed to keep a straight face when Nightmare turned to face him. "Boss, what are you talking about?"  He asked with a confused tone. "Why would I follow you around when I've got assignments from you to do?"

Nightmare said nothing as he stared at Cross, trying to read his expression and his emotions. Nothing was off, apart from the shock he felt earlier when he pinned him to the wall. Was he just imagining things?

He sighed as he backed away, rubbing his forehead.

"I'm probably just imagining things. You're free to go, Cross." He said tiredly as he turned around and left their conference room.

Nightmare didn't realize that he forgot to give Cross his assignment.

After Nightmare was out of sight, Cross smirked. No assignment? Oh well, more time for him to protect his lover~

He'll have to keep his anger down though, that was way too close for comfort. He blushed slightly when he thought about how close Nightmare was to him, and quickly covered his face with his scarf even though nobody was around.

What a murderous bean.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Damn it, he looks so hot..."  Cross mumbled to himself as he pulled his scarf over his face in the alleyway.

He was stalking his boss again, who was currently slaughtering humans because he was low on negativity supply, and most humans feared monsters more than monsters feared their own species.

Cross couldn't help but giggle madly when his boss shattered a human's soul with the tip of his tentacle. It was very entertaining for him to watch, until he noticed somebody else's presence. His boss hasn't noticed yet, which was good. He needed to get rid of whoever was watching his boss. NOBODY is allowed to stalk his boss other than him and his teammates, but why would they do that when they're were always doing whatever Nightmare assigned them and have fun with it at the same time?

He chuckled softly as he tried to locate where he caught the presence.

Behind the oak tree.

His smile widened as he sneaked behind a house building, slipped over a fence and arrived at his destination. He was silent all the way, so the sneaky-wannabe human didn't notice. They seemed entranced by Nightmare, which only angered Cross. How dare that weak, pathetic human have their eyes on HIS boss? And from the way they looked at him, it wasn't only simple interest that could be dissolved with a greeting. It was more like... They wanted to experiment on him.

That, snapped him, and made him extremely pissed. He didn't hesitate to slice the woman's head off using his glowing red knife, only to regret it afterwards about the fact that he wasn't able to slowly torture her to death.

"Cross."

The deep, soft voice scared him. He slowly turned his head around to face his boss, Nightmare, who looked amused. He blushed because of the embarrassment of getting caught, and that he can't exactly hide the fact that he was stalking his boss any longer.

"Uhm... I-I can e-expla-"

He was cut off by his boss's hand caressing his face. His blush visibly brightened, and before he could utter another word, Nightmare interrupted.

"I think I know why already, dearest." He purred softly as he leaned closer to Cross.

Cross blushed furiously at this new nickname but wasn't able to reply as Nightmare softly kissed him on the lips. It only lasted a few seconds, but was able to make Cross pass out from over-excitement.

... And a nosebleed.

Nightmare just seemed amused as he picked Cross up and teleported away with a smirk. He felt like teasing Cross when he wakes up later today.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Sorry if it wasn't the best! I tried, but I'm not exactly good at creating Yandere related stories. But uh, I hope you enjoyed it either way! QwQ)