24 | миссия

WINTER SOLDIER
_

"So here's the plan," Loki snapped through the speaker in my ear, "walk inside the tower, and try not to seem hostile."

I had my back pressed up a wall, a few paces away from the Stark Tower entrance. There were no guards in the exo-premises, but there were a litter of cameras.

"That's impossible," I murmured, scanning the area, "Tony Stark has the most advanced security system up to date."

"That doesn't matter."

"Do you want me to get caught?"

"I only picked you to do this mission, because you already know those fools," Loki hissed.

"I don't understand."

"Never mind," he groaned, "just do as I say."

My hatred for Loki was growing stronger by the second. I had only worked my missions alone, but this time he decided to shove a transmitter into my ear just to boss me around. I hated it.

Following his command, I strode across the street and into the tower's front door, the air-conditioned room hitting me in the face. I counted twelve guards staring at me as I walked in, and my hand grazed against the knife in my pocket defensively.

Loki somehow sensed it.

"They won't kill you, unless you initiate something," he groaned, "just go to the elevator."

Rolling my eyes, I did as he said again. Striding past the guards, I let out an exhale in surprise. Strangely, they just nodded their heads at me, and continued to pace around.

Pressing the lift button, I narrowed my eyes impatiently.

"[y/n]?"

I didn't recognize the name, but apparently it was being directed at me. An unfamiliar man with a beard came running towards me, the tie of his suit blazing behind him. He came skidding to a stop in front of me.

"Where have you been?" He interrogated, "we've been looking for you everywhere."

People were looking for me? 

That was impossible.

If they were, it only meant one thing: I had been compromised. If that was true, there was only one thing I could do in order to keep my information sealed. Simple: get rid of the man, and complete the mission. My hand drifted towards my weapon again, but Loki hissed once more.

"Tell him you managed to escape," the god said, "and that you're just going to your room."

What sick trick was this?

Violence was the only alternative to everything, and yet all I was supposed to do was talk my way through to the tesseract. The world had definitely changed from how it used to be.

"I escaped," I said bluntly, "I'm going to my room."

The man narrowed his eyes, "I thought you were staying with Peter?"

"Who's Peter?"

"You idiot!" Loki yelled, "I told you to only say what I tell you to say!"

The bearded man scrunched his nose, "are you okay?"

"Tell him you're tired, and just need to talk to Stark."

"I'm tired, and I need to talk to Stark."

"I'll let him know," the man said, reaching for his walkie-talkie.