Chapter 12: The One-eyed Weirdo

Start from the beginning

"Whoa," said Deku. He looked up at the giant mech and began to observe it in hopes of figuring out how to beat if it was ever used.

"Hey," said a voice. The two heroes jumped and turned towards the source of the voice. They saw one of Ammo Baron's minions staring at them.

"What do you think you're both doing?" He asked. "This is no time to be slacking off like that! Get back to work!"

The two heroes nodded and began to "help" with the work. They glanced at each other and knew they had to sneak away somehow to find Ammo Baron.

"Hold on," said another minion. "There's something fishy about those two. They wear our uniforms, but they don't look familiar!"

"You're right," said a third minion while pointing his gun at them. "I can recognize that half-genie babe right there! But who's the other one?"

Realizing that their cover was blown, Shantae turned off the magic and the two heroes were back in their garb. Deku quickly jumped up after summoning the power of One For All.

"DELAWARE SMASH!!!"

A finger flick towards the minions was all it took to knock them away. As he landed, he looked at Shantae.

"Come on," he said. "Let's find Ammo Baron and stop him!"

Shantae nodded in agreement. With that, the two heroes began to work their way through the ship to get to Ammo Baron.

*****

"SMASH!!!"

"SUPER PIKE BALL!!!"

Combining attacks, the two heroes fought a bunch of minions. The minions used guns and grenades to stop them. But thanks to some training, they were able to defeat the minions!

The ship turned out to be a very confusing maze since they had no idea where they were going. Luckily, Deku left marks behind in order to help them keep track of the paths they tried.

Soon, they found themselves in the engine room. With huge machines running, a loud noise filled the air.

Shantae looked around and felt lost. She looked to Deku with hope in her eyes.

"Deku," she said. "Where should we go now?"

Deku placed a hand on his chin and began muttering his thoughts: "Well, let's see here. I've seen quite a lot of rooms that I would expect to find on any ship. I've seen the weapons room, the dining room, the kitchen, this engine room, and even a break room for Ammo Baron's minions. If this ship is like any other ship, then Ammo Baron could be in a room that's made just for him. Maybe he could be in the gym if he likes to work out. The captain's cabin could also be a likely place for him to hang out. Or..."

Shantae gasped in realization. "The captain's cabin! Of course!" She exclaimed excitedly. She gave the green hero a look of adoration. "Deku, you're a genius! Where can we find the captain's cabin?"

Deku blushed at the compliment. "Well, it'll most likely be at the stern of the ship."

"Like the back of the ship?" Asked Shantae. After Deku nodded in confirmation, she smiled. "Well then, lead the way Deku!"

Deku nodded and began to lead his friend through the ship.

*****

"Whoa," Deku cried as he narrowly dodged a flame blast from a cannon that looked like a platform inside a huge room. "I know that his name is Ammo Baron, but this is ridiculous!"