Chapter 4: Dance Through the Danger

The five friends were walking through the town. Midoriya got a good look at some of the buildings. It was hard to believe that just yesterday, the whole town had been attacked by pirates. One of the buildings was recognizable. It was the house that the little girl that he had rescued yesterday was trapped in. It was under construction at the moment.

The green-haired hero felt bad about the damages to the house. He began to wonder if the little girl was mad at him for not saving her home. What would her parents think of him? Would they be angry for not saving their home? Would they be grateful to him for saving their daughter?

"Hey, Izuku," said Bolo, shaking the hero out of his thoughts. "Are you okay? You seem a little bothered about something."

"Oh," said Midoriya. "I'm okay. Sorry about that. I was wondering if whoever lives in that house over there is okay."

"Oh, you mean little Lily?" Asked Rottytops. "Oh, she's okay. I heard that she was saved by that mysterious hero yesterday. She wouldn't stop talking about him to her parents. Her parents are a little upset about the house. But they really meet the hero and thank him."

Midoriya felt relieved about how Lily and her parents were safe. He wondered if he would meet her again as Deku. Suddenly, he saw a bunch of people gathering around a stage, making him curious.

"Hey, Shantae," he said looking over at the half-genie hero, "why are there people gathered around the stage?"

Shantae looked at the stage and gasped. "Oh, shoot!" She exclaimed. "I forgot! I'm supposed to perform today!"

"Perform?" Asked Midoriya. "Perform what?"

Sky suddenly grinned and said, "Come over to the stage if you wanna know."

"Yeah," said Bolo. "I'll get you close to the stage so you can see her performance."

Midoriya got curious and decided to go with Bolo. Sky and Rottytops smirked and winked at each other. Unknown to the hero, Shantae's friends had noticed his constant blushing whenever Shantae smiled or complimented him. They had sly faces at the thought of his reaction to Shantae's performance.

Five minutes later...

"Ladies and gentleman," said a voice, "get ready for the moment you've all been waiting for. Presenting the guardian of our town: the lovely Shantae!!"

The crowd cheered loudly as the half-genie hero stepped onto the stage. She did a graceful bow before she took a ready stand. Suddenly music started to play and, to Midoriya's surprise, Shantae began to perform a belly dance. Midoriya had a heavy blush as she danced gracefully.

After doing some shimmies, she began to sing while she performed her dance.

"They say we live in the darkness

They say there's trouble ahead

Everyday there's sorrow

Today tomorrow

But I'm dancing instead!

Cause I can dance through the danger

The magic flows through my soul

All around, it's seeming in the dream I'm dreaming

A better day can't be far away

So I will dance through the danger

And fly away to the stars

Take my lead and I'll start it to the beat of my heart