Chapter 3: New Friends

"Midoriya? It's morning now," said a sweet voice. "Can you wake up please?"

Midoriya mumbled only three words: "Five more minutes."

"Oh, come on," said the voice. "I said that I'd give you a tour of Scuttle Town, right? Please get up."

Some gentle shaking along with the sweet voice was enough to wake up Izuku Midoriya. As he opened his green eyes, he found himself staring into the blue gaze of Shantae. He yelped in surprise and fell off the bed with a bump.

Shantae giggled and took his hand to help him up. "Sorry about that. Are you okay?" She asked in that sweet innocent voice of hers.

Midoriya nodded with a blush. Oh, my gosh, he thought. She's so cute!!!

Shantae put some folded clothes onto the bed for him. "Here you go," said Shantae. "Some fresh new clothes for you to wear."

"Th-thanks," said Midoriya shyly.

"Anytime," said Shantae before going down with a set of clothes to change into.

A few minutes later...

Midoriya was dressed in a new outfit. He wore a green sleeveless shirt with a red vest, blue short, and a pair of sandals. He felt nervous about the shirt because he had scars on his arms from battles when he misused his quirk to save people.

He waited patiently for Shantae to get dressed in order to not be rude. After five minutes of waiting, he heard Shantae call out for him to come down.

As Midoriya came down the rope, he blushed as he saw Shantae wearing her red outfit from yesterday. It took a lot of effort to not stare at her belly.

Shantae noticed his blushing face. "Are you okay?" She asked politely. "Your face is turning red. Are you feverish?" She added while placing a hand on his forehead.

Midoriya blushed even more. Her hand is soft, he thought. She's so sweet. I guess she's innocent.

He nodded and answered her question: "Um... I-i'm okay."

Shantae looked at him puzzled before smiling again. "Okay. You look very nice, by the way."

Midoriya shyly scraped his foot across the ground. "Th-thanks," he said. "Y-you look amazing."

Shantae giggled and took his hand. "All right. Let's get going."

Later...

The two arrived in Scuttle Town. Midoriya saw a lot of people talking to each other. As he admired the look of the town, he was taken to a workshop. He looked around and saw blueprints for many inventions.

Wow, he thought. I wonder who invented these things. I hope I meet them.

"Oh ho," said a deep voice. "Looks like you're okay, lad."

Midoriya looked over and saw a big man smiling at him. He remembered Shantae mentioning him and concluded that this was Uncle Mimic.

"So," said Uncle Mimic, "how are you feeling, lad?"

"I'm feeling okay, sir," answered Midoriya. "My chest is a little sore. Are you Shantae's uncle?"

"Yes, I am," answered Uncle Mimic. "What might your name be, lad?"

"Izuku Midoriya," answered the green-haired hero.

"Interesting name," said Uncle Mimic. "Well, I must thank you for saving my niece. That was a very bold and brave move."