Chapter 8: Feelings and a Strange Dream

That night, Shantae was in the bath house, soaking her body to make her pain from the fight with Hypno Baron go away. But she wasn't alone. She was with Sky and Rottytops.

The zombie girl and the bird girl listened intently and eagerly as the half-genie hero told them about the fight at Mermaid Falls. Rottytops had a huge grin on her face as she heard about Deku saving Shantae from Hypno Baron's control. Sky smirked as she listened to Shantae geek out about Deku's awesome fight against Hypno Baron.

"And then, Deku brought his foot down and shattered Hypno Baron's barrier, " said Shantae with a big grin.

"My my," said Sky with a big smirk. "Sounds like you really admire that brave hero. "

Shantae blushed. "Well, how can I not admire him?" She asked. "He's very brave and strong."

"Oh, I bet he is," said Sky with a big smirk. "You know, this Deku reminds me of someone."

Rottytops tilted her head in confusion. "What do you mean?" She asked.

"Well," Sky began, "for one thing, he acted nervous around me and Shantae. Plus, he had a stutter when he spoke. Ring a bell, Rotty?"

Rotty thought for a moment before she had a big smile on her face and nodded. "Oh, yeah," she said. "That sounds like Izuku Midoriya!"

Shantae gasped. "Huh? Um... I don't know what you've talking about," she said nervously. She rubbed her fingers nervously.

"Oh, really?" Asked Sky. "Then what about the green hair under the mask? I saw a little bit of that when he ran off with you to stop Hypno Baron. Also, I noticed a freckle on one of his cheeks. Finally, I saw that he had green eyes."

"Wow," said Rottytops. "That definitely sounds like our friend Midoriya!"

They looked at Shantae with expectant grins. Shantae wanted to deny that she knew that Midoriya was in Deku. But upon looking at her friends' expressions, she realized that there was no way to convince them otherwise. So, she sighed and gave in.

"Okay, you got me," she said. "Midoriya is Deku, the hero who can. He was the one who helped me stop Risky Boots from destroying Scuttle Town."

"I knew it," said Sky.

"Wow," said Rottytops. "Our friend is a hero!"

Shantae gave them a pleading look. "Please don't tell him that you figured it out," she begged. "I don't want him to think that I'm a terrible friend."

Sky and Rottytops looked at Shantae for a moment. Then they looked at each other and nodded.

"Don't worry," said Sky with a reassuring smile. "Your secret is safe with us."

"Yeah," said Rottytops. "We won't tell him."

Shantae sighed happily. "Thanks, guys," she said gratefully. "So, all that aside, I need some help with something."

"Huh?" Asked Rottytops while blinking a couple times. "What is it?"

"Well," Shantae began, "it happens whenever I'm around Midoriya. Whenever I see him smile, my heart beats really fast. My cheeks feel warm and I feel very warm inside. Well, warmer than when I'm with you and Bolo."

Sky had a big grin on her face. "Okay," she said. "Shantae, I'm going to ask you three questions. When I ask you these questions, I want an honest answer, okay?"