Part 14: Meeting at the Royal Palace

Start from the beginning

But instead of Philip getting embarrassed, he said, "A woman's strength proves her amazingness! You deserve to be courted by someone by me! Oh hohoho!" 

Just how much of an airhead was this family? I can already imagine the mother.

My family glared at them.

"Sir Berk, may I remind you that my little sister has a fiance? What nonsense you are spouting out right now. Don't you see how shameless that is?" My Onii-sama told them. Go, Onii-sama!

 I was just glad that he interfered before my mother had a chance to talk, or she would've spent an hour spouting out insults at them, but in a pretty way. Guess that was mother.

I could feel my whole family staring daggers at them, though. But the Berks were too much of a dimwit that they didn't notice. But anyway, we entered the palace.

It was bustling with people. Nobles who worked here brought their children, so usually the whole family came as well. It's not like the Royal Palace wasn't big enough for that. Not at all.

When my family walked in, the room fell quiet. It was expected, after all. We were the highest ranking nobles in the society, after to the royal family.

Suddenly, someone ran in front of my family. In front of me. 

"Kyahhhh!" A strand of pink hair passed my eyes. "I tripped! Roselyn.....h-how could you?" 

So you thought that you could at least ruin my reputation in the family, Ivy?

"What do you mean? Weren't you the one who was running in front of me, Ivy?" I asked, putting an innocent facade.

Ivy looked towards a certain spot of the crowd. There was a huddle of girls. They were all either a viscount's or baron's daughter. 

"Why are you looking towards them, Ivy dear? Karen Slot, from Viscount's Slot's family. Erena Spur, from Baron Spur's family. Liana Taner from—Oh dear. I shouldn't name them all, should I?" I said. This way they would know I knew who they were, and was ready to ruin their family's anytime. 

Their little plan was almost cute. Ivy got tripped by me, her friends gave out false witness, ruined my reputation, my parents hated me, I got kicked out of my family. 

There was so much flaws. There was a lot of people in this room, and I'm sure a lot of people had their eyes one me. There should've been at least a few people who saw that flimsy act. And what of your little friends didn't say anything? Then you would've been all alone. And would my reputation really be ruined? I was a duke's daughter, while you were an illegitimate child of a baron. Everybody would choose me over you. My parents wouldn't hate me, nor woulds Onii-sama. Not in a lifetime. My parents were a wreck when I got banished or executed in the game. They wouldn't hate me for tripping someone. I would've apologised. In a normal situation, that is.

"Ah! Sorry about my daughter!" A man came running to her. He glanced sideways. That look. He wanted my father to notice him. He didn't really care about Ivy at all. He wanted to look like a caring father in front Father. Looks like he idolised my Father quite a lot. A lot of people did, in fact.

"Make sure she doesn't make trouble for my daughter." My father's voice boomed. On the outside, he looked like a strict father that didn't spend time with family and instead used it all on work. Put that was just on the outside, as I said.

He was just too nervous about embarrassing me and Albert in any way. He's actually a wife's slave inside our mansion, and agreed to everything I said. He was easygoing with my brother, but somewhat strict with both of his children. But when it came to mother, he lost all his pride and dignity. He did everything that she wanted, and begged for attention with his puppy eyes. But Mother keeps him on a tight leash. What would others do if they saw one of the greatest man in the Empire act like this???