Six (OLD VERSION)

It has been a couple of days since you thanked the man. It didn't bother you though nor did you think to ever talk to him again as you continue with your daily life. You were just happy that you had gotten your life- which was your wallet- back.

However, you noticed that ever since then, there were an awful lot of customers coming by. It didn't bother you because you then had a raise in your monthly salary! The elderly woman said that you had been doing a good job and the most committed staff so she wanted to boost your paycheck. It did gave you goosebumps when she said that because she was smiling at you. She had never smiled at you.

You checked the time. It was time for work. Stretching, you were happy that you can finally go home for the day.

As usual, you made sure everything was ready for tomorrow, turned off the lights, and closed the store.

When walking home, however, you had encountered someone you hadn't talked to in a long time. "Hm? Wait, aren't you (Y/N)?" A group girls amd boys were walking and chatting along until one of them noticed you. She had short, dirty blonde hair- obviously dyed. She was wearing purple everywhere- from her dress to her makeup.

"No way! It actually is you!" she exclaims. "Hey, everyone! This is the one I was talking to you about- the one I met in high school!" She hints everyone- with her hand- to come over to you. "Haha, no way! Really?" One of her friends laughed.

"Say, (Y/N), don't you remember me? Your only friend in high school," she stretched the word 'only'. Oh, you can never forget her. She was the one you had given up your scholarship for and then never talked to you after that. "Ran," you said with a calm demeanor.

"So, how is life treating you, hm?" Ran smirks wickedly at you. You didn't know it at first but she was using you to try to get better during high school. Of course, she can't outsmart the one who had helped her do her homework but she did fool you into thinking she was a friend.

Now that you thought about it, it wasn't that you were some freak that no one wants to be friends with; it was most likely her that spread dirty rumors about you. You had to sit through all those years, listening to people badmouthing you as you walked past them.

"I'm doing well," you answered, no anger in your heart. It was your own foolishness in the end.

Seeing as you were too calm, she scoffed. She was angry to see you not react to hear teasing tone. "Hmph, whatever." She walked past you and her friends followed along. Ran then said something that made the girls look back at you and laugh.

You ignored them and continue your walk home. Returning home, you had given out a sigh you didn't know you had. Just seeing Ran again with an attitude made you regret ever chatting with her.

You had taken a deep breath in and out and shooed away the memories. Whatever is in the past should always stay there. No regrets.

~♡~