Five (OLD VERSION)

"Haru-san!" you called out, drawing your senior's attention from his phone to you. You walked over with a bright smile. It was your day off today and today, you had asked Haru to meet up early in the morning.

"(Y/N), goodmorning." He yawned. "What did you call me for this early morning?"

"I wanted you to help me pick out a thank you gift for your coworker," you said.

"That guy? Just say 'thank you' ," he said. You had guessed that's what he was going to say. You shook your head and stare at him with pleading eyes. He stares at you blankly before giving up. "Alright."

"Yay! Thank you, Haru-san!" you exclaim and gave him a hug. You two walked down the streets in search of something nice and chatted along the way.

"Haru-san, I forgot to ask, what's your coworker's name?" you ask with no reason really. "Daisuke Kambe," he answers. You thought hard about his name. The name Kambe sounds familiar somehow but you don't know where you'd heard it.

"Hm? Why don't you buy him that?" Haru points to a window with caramel apples on display. It had the plain ones but it also had animal shaped ones as well; bunnies, cats, dogs, mouse- you name it.

"Mm, it is good but I don't think he'll be looking forward to accepting it," you say. "I'm sure he'd like a watch or something expensive!" You turn to look at Haru.

"That's what most would say but this guy would be pleased with food us second class citizens eat," Haru says. "I'm sure he hasn't tried a caramel apple yet."

"Are you sure you're not the one who wants one? You know, I can treat you to some," you say. He shook his head. "Like I said, I don't want you to spend your money on me or anybody else," Haru said, ruffling your hair.

"But I want to treat you to something! At least once!" you say, pouting. "Someday but not today," he said. "And the guy already has a much more expensive watch made personally for him."

"Eh!? Now, how can I compete with that?" You sighed sadly. Now how can you ever find a better gift than a personally made watch? "Are you sure he isn't some chief executive officer?" He shook his head no.

"Trust me, whatever you give him, it'll be good enough for him," he says.

You ended up buying a caramel apple as a gift and also gave one to Haru. He kept refusing it at first, but you ended up victorious today.

The two of you had walked all the way to where Haru worked at and you had waited outside of the building for his coworker. "He's usually late. That rich brat," he mumbles the second part. "Are you sure you don't want to wait inside?"

You shook your head no. "I don't find it right for me to do so. I'll wait out here for him," you say and reassure him with a smile. "Alright, I'll get going now. Take care." Haru waves bye to you before heading inside.

When Haru said that this Daisuke guy would be late, he is actually 30 minutes late and you had to stand there for a long time until he had drove up with an expensive car.

When he got out of his car, you rushed up to him. "Um, excuse me, Kambe-san!" you called from behind him. He turns around to look at you. "About yesterday, I'm sorry I was very wary of you," you started, "I also haven't thanked you yet either. I was too rude."

You put forward the box of caramel apples. "As a 'thank you', I hope you accept these!" You bowed while still holding up the box. There was an awkward silence as you were still bowing. You looked up with a mix of embarrassment and confusion.

He then took the box and stared at for a few seconds before looking at you. Your eyes had met and you felt a bit flustered. "Thank you," he says, expression still the same as yesterday.

"Ah, n-no! I should be the one thanking you!" you say, your hands flying around in front of you. Awkward silence took over for a few seconds after that. You dare not look back up and continue to stare at the ground.

"Um, so, I'll be going now. Take care," you quickly say all the while still looking down. You had left hurriedly, leaving no time for him to say anything else- if he says anything, that is.

~♡~