Chapter 3

Hey guys! I just want to thank you all so much for loving my story! It's so cool for me to come back here and see the so many people are starting to read my story. :D

I especially loooooove getting comments; they literally make my day!

I just wanted to give a quick shout-out to these three readers that commented on Chapter 2:

Blahsydney

Clutzyjinx

Summer_Chick

This chapter is dedicated to you! You guys are so awesome!

Anyways, on to the story - Enjoy!

****************************************************

Briar

Two weeks. This stupid council lasted two weeks. And just of course it was assembled on the very same day that I found my mate. I never even got to meet her. Even though she was very rude when we first spoke, I couldn't be any prouder of how she stood up for herself. And that was all it took for me to know who she was - the very sound of her voice stirred the animal inside me. Mate, it announced. I couldn't be any happier.

But then she started dodging every one of my calls.

If she had just said it was Levi, my close friend, helping her move, I wouldn't have cared... But instead she was scared to answer and just stopped talking to me. That night she had my friends over was actually the last time I spoke to her in a while. I was literally dying to hear her sweet voice again, to actually see her.

"Raven," I called, stepping into my apartment. "I'm home." Nothing but silence greeted me. Oh, but her scent was everywhere, the enticing scent of açai and blueberries... but it was mixed with four prominent masculine scents. Even though I knew who it was, it still frustrated me to no end - they knew her and I didn't. "Raven, love, are you home?" Nothing. Sighing, I dropped my luggage and collapsed onto one of my massive couches; of course she wouldn't be here.

Yanking out my phone, I decided to start making some calls. "Hello, Vander," I said before he could talk. "You guys wouldn't happen to know where Raven is; would you?" He paused for a second.

"...Raven? Oh you must mean... Never mind. No, I haven't seen her since she moved out this morning." Moved out?!

"What do you mean she moved out?" I hissed, my voice dropping and lacing with anger.

"Well her dorm was clean so she left. That is what you guys agreed to, man. She just high-tailed it out of there." He started chuckling, making my fists clench. There was nothing funny about this.

"She left without seeing me?" With a loud bark, I slammed the phone to the ground and stormed out of the dorms. She left. It was one thing to avoid my calls but actually avoiding me? I wasn't having it.

"Vinicious!" I bellowed, crashing through the expensive oak doors leading into his office. "Where is she?"

"Oh!" The now-pale man collapsed into his chair, fumbling with the phone he had been talking into, pressing some button. "M-Mr. Dryth; y-you're b-back! H-how was your m-meeting?" Giving him a snarl, I stormed up to the desk and smacked my fists into his desk.

"I asked you a question, Vinicious. Know your place and answer it, do you understand me?" His face blanched even further as sweat started running down his forehead.

"Y-y-yes of c-course I do, M-Mr. Dryth! P-please for-" I cut off him by smashing my fist through the strong wooden desk, causing a gaping hole to be formed.

"Mr. Dryth, Vinicious?" I asked rhetorically in a quiet voice. "I suggest you learn to respect authority and acknowledge your betters; got it?" I picked up a fancy little paperweight near me and started lightly twirling it between my fingers.