Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Words cannot describe how much I hate you right now," Levi grouched jokingly, slinging an arm around my shoulder while the others trailed behind us, all of us hauling one of my bulging suitcases.

"You're just jealous," I teased as I called for the elevator. The lounge was, in one word, stunning. The open floor plan was constant lit by several wide windows with their lacey drapes drawn back. Most of the space that surrounded a flat screen was taken up by lengthy couches covered with silk pillows and cashmere blankets. Downy carpet lay over the wooden floors, if you went around the corner, you'd see several small tables seated between two squishy chairs apiece. Golden globe lights hung from the ceiling, right over the four billiard tables in the room. Once we stepped through massive cherry wood elevator, the glittering interior greeted us warmly. "Holy crap," I breathed. "And all of this belongs to him?"

"Every last light bulb," Griffin said as he shuffled in with the case containing my clothes. "As does the lounges on the second, third, and forth floors. If anybody needs them, though, he gladly loans them out. He does, however, keep his rooftop pool to himself." I sent him a look.

"A rooftop pool?" I exclaimed. "What does this guy do?"

"Well," Cade laughed, clearly ignoring my second question. "It's alright because there's another one out back that the rest of the guys use." I simply shook my head. It looks like I'm going to have to room with a spoiled rotten kid. Greeeat...

A minute later, the doors slid open with a whoosh, revealing the most gorgeous room I've ever laid eyes on. "Now this is the standard I expect our room to be up to." You see, after Pine dragged the guys into his office, he basically told them 'Clean up the apartment or you'll be sleeping outside.' And I got to decide how clean is clean.

"You do know this guy has a maid, right?" Vander pointed out, begging me to reconsider. I ignored him and looked around. Picture the perfect living room: spacious, plush carpeting, open floor plan, large and small couches, a flat screen the size of the front wall, and glittering crystal chandeliers. In the corner of the room, there was a spiral, marble staircase that spun to the level upstairs.

"I thought there were only five floors..." I turned, confused, to the boys.

"Oh those are only the floors that are available to the other students. The sixth floor is exclusively for him." My jaw dropped.

"Well that hardly seems fair..." I trailed off, turning to race up the shiny steps. "Whoa..." Briar basically had a flat up here. The dining room was stark white and crystalline; from the glass table and diamond chandelier to the powder colored velvety loveseats scattered tastefully throughout the room. From the wall-lengthed window, you could see a dazzling pool, its cerulean water looking like a silky sheet; the light breeze stirring its surface. Maybe I won't move out...

"Ayv," Levi called. "Message for you." Jumping up, I ran into the sparkling clean kitchen. It was the extremely modern and high end kind with silver appliances built into everything. Levi, being a typical boy, was raiding Briar's industrial sized refrigerator when he noticed a note sitting on the marble-top island.

Dear Raven,

I'm very sorry to tell you this but not five minutes after our talk, I got called away on important business. I promise I'll be back by the end of the week. Unfortunately, I don't have a guest room (it got converted into my study) but I put a new set of sheets on my bed. Make yourself at home; anything here is free for you to use - including the four floors of lounges. If you do choose to invite over friends (which I don't have a single problem with) please just make sure they clean up any messes. I really am sorry for being gone; I'll make it up to you when I get back. Please feel free to call me for anything that you need. See you soon.