The sleepover

𝘒𝘰𝘻𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘗𝘰𝘷

"how long does he have?"

"A month at most... I'm so sorry, i'll give you guys some time alone."

I can hear my mom sobbing at those words. They rang throughout my head, my whole body had gone a sort numb feeling.

A month to live huh. What a weird thing to say, I'm only on high school and i'm already about to die.
Well I guess I do deserve it, I've never really wanted anything, and i've never worked for anything either, I just didn't think it be so soon. What am I going to do about Kuroo and the volleyball team. What would they all say back?

"K-Kozume do you want me to tell — Tetsurou about your illness or can you do it on your own?"

"I don't know. I'll do it when I when do it, if I even can."

"Ok... i'm sorry."

I lay my head on the hospital pillow, which is actually quite comfortable. Before tilting my head and looking out the window at the grass below, wondering what I would do with the days I had left...

—-/ тιмє ѕкιρ

𝘒𝘰𝘻𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘗𝘰𝘝

I was released from the hospital yesterday and i'm already back at school. Honestly i'm dying anyway so I don't really see why I have to go to school, but my mom says I should go and try to talk to the team. I bet I could just have Tetsurou or Morisuke tell the team. I'd really rather just distance myself from them and not think about   their reactions.

"Ohh lookey here, Kozume finally decided to show up for practice." Tetsurou said in a delightful tone. He loved it when the second year turned up for practice, it was always a rare occasion when he did though.

"Shut up Tetsurou, it's only because you sent me about 30 messages begging me to come."Kozume said in a flat tone, Kozume could care less about practice. Actually he could care less about anything. He felt kinda empty, since the visit at the hospital.

"Well you came, that must mean I did something right." Tetsurou said with a smirk.

"Nope." Kozume said as he rolled his eyes and started to stretch with the rest of the team. The only thing that really brightened up his days were his video games, and the boy with bad bed hair.

"Kozume~ work on receiving with me."

"Fine." A lot of time Kozume questions how Tetsurou is a third year, because he always acts like a child.

—-/ тιмє ѕкιρ

After practice Kozume was abnormally tired, he normally would a little energy left after practice but today he felt like he could take a nap right on the gym floor. His lower back ached from just playing volleyball for a little while. He figured it was his body telling him not to push himself as he would be getting weaker by the day. Kozume sighed as he grabbed his bag and headed for his first period class.

He sat down at his seat which was furthest away from the front, and was pretty much out of view. He liked that seat the best because he didn't like it when the teacher called on him.

He sat through class and waited until the bell rang to head to his next.

—-/ тιмє ѕкιρ

2nd and 3rd Years has different lunch periods, but they did overlap for a half an hour. So sometimes Tetsurou would go down and make sure Kozume was eating and not just playing video games the whole time.

"Eat!"

"But I'm not hungry."

"Well this is why your a twig, you never eat. I bet if I didn't come and check on you, you wouldn't even get something from the vending machines."