They trudged back with Tae-jun protesting every step of the way in Hak's grasp. The ex-general had hefted him over his shoulder until he realized with disgust that he wasn't complaining enough. His face only showed unamusement and boredom when Yona met them halfway, with the red-faced noble under the Thunder Beast's arm as if he was a sack of potatoes. 

Hak dumped him unceremoniously on the ground, but Tae-jun didn't pay any attention to his roughness, forgetting his annoyance the second his eyes landed on Yona.

Calista studied him carefully, watching his every move. His little quirks were making her eyes roll, peeved at how obvious he was trying to win her approval. 

"You're here again?" The princess asked curiously, tilting her head cutely.

"I am visiting today to—"

He trailed off as he met her eyes, and began to trip over his words. Calista placed a hand on her hip, spinning a knife absentmindedly as she reached her conclusion. 

So, the rich boy is in love with her.

While his face turning as red as a tomato and his eyes warily eyeing the assassin as she twirling the steel between her fingers, Hak casually strode up and stole the bag he brought, opening it up without hesitation.

"White Snake, open your mouth."

"Huh?"

Despite the noise of confusion, he did it without missing a beat and Calista grimaced, pausing her .

Maybe I should've warned him... oh well, he'll figure it out soon.

Kija munched on the bite-sized bao the Thunder Beast stuck in his mouth before swallowing it. They all awaited his verdict.

Hak raised his eyebrow. "How is it?"

"It's rather delicious." He affirmed, enjoying it immensely.

Uh oh...

Hak nodded approvingly, handing it over. "Okay, you can eat it, Princess."

Kija's jaw dropped as he realized he was just using him to test the food for poison and Calista giggled, aware of her brother's pranks. He wouldn't have given it to him, though, if he was really suspicious about it but he had to keep up the act that they were rivals.

"Wow!" Yona's eyes sparkled with happiness as he continued to sputter in disbelief. "I'm delighted, thank you!!"

Tae-jun flushed even further and Calista raised an eyebrow in disbelief. This guy was ridiculous.

But it's cute to see Shin-ah get excited and happy over simple things...

She recalled how happy Ao made him, or when she thought of him and told him or when they spent time together. A loving smile made its way onto her face.

He appreciates even the tiniest of things... it's so sweet... Aw man, I'm head over heels for him.

"Get in line, everybody!!" Yona announced, holding up the food Tae-jun had just gifted her. "It's only a little, though."

The noble flopped on the ground and Hak crossed his arms slyly over his chest, finding way too much enjoyment in his despair.

"Princess!!" Tae-jun jumped back up. It was too bad his fainting was short-lived. "I wanted to give that to you!!"

"They've all had almost nothing to eat since this morning, so this is helpful." Yona explained gratefully, handing out the portions to the gaunt villagers that were lined up.