Chapter 1

A/N I hope you enjoy this as you were a great help with the idea shitshit_shitshit. So thanks again <3

Before I start this story everyone is older. 

Shiro: 21
Keith: 19
Lance: 18
Hunk: 17 but soon 18
Pidge the same age as Hunk
Allura and Coran are the same age as in cannon. With this hope you will enjoy this story.

.

.

His eyes narrowed at this all. He really hated that he ended up in space. Frustrated as he lost his chance to see his family. Now he regretted that he hadn't gone to them, but how could he? He was a disgrace. He had done some unimaginable thing. Now he was out in space because a so-called princess decides that they need to rescue the universe because they were the chosen one to end a war or something. Fighting against these goddamn Galra, who he hated them. They were at fault for him being stuck here. And something else but he wasn't going to think about that now.

Yet he stayed in his act and wasn't letting anyone see what he really felt. Why should he? No one cared and he was sure that when he would die, he wouldn't be missed. That was at least his opinion.

Hunk surely realized that something was up. He had after all had an arm length towards others. Because he knew exactly that he wouldn't be accepted. At least in his opinion. There was as well Keith who seemed to give him odd looks from time to time. Not just here in space but as well when they were still in Garrison.

He had hidden his flashbacks as well he got, and he rather wasn't wanting anyone to know. Anyone to know how fucked up he really was. Not even Hunk knew all of it and he wasn't wanting to stress out his best friend. Even when Hunk knew about some of his past. 

There was also the thing that he was having anxiety attacks and sometimes he was just really tempted to end it just all. Blue was reassuring that she chooses the right Paladin, but he doubts it. Not after being the worst human being. There he goes again with self-hatred.

That was why he had hidden his past. It was not something that he could tell others. Even when Hunk knew a part of it. But he should have known, that all secrets would somewhen come out. It doesn't matter how hard he tried and this would be soon....

.

.

.

His body moved fluently as he shot another robot. As he had to train and he was feeling once again frustration. This was the only coping thing he knew and had. This skill showed that this wasn't the first time. The first time, that he had used a gun. Lance was good at weapon but preferred guns. Not that everyone knows his real potential and hid this. Hid how well he can fight.

A loud alarm blared, and he let out a sigh. As he knew what it meant. He ended the training sequence. Knowing that they were having another one of these fake alarms. He walked inside soon with his normal cheerful façade and getting bugged again for being too late.

"I wasn't that late ya know." He puffed his cheeks and put his hands up to his heart in a fake dramatic way. They all were heard groaned and he was getting scolded by Shiro again. This made him feel weirdly hurt. But he brushed this aside.

"We're going to try a new thing out. Because some of you still don't seem to want to get closer to the team." Allura sternly said and he knew what she meant but he so wasn't wanting to. They wouldn't understand his pain. Not even Shiro could and he had been in captivity at the Galra's. That was why he held his distance to everyone.

"Does that mean I get to know you more, amore.~" He said cheerfully and Allura looked at him with a look that showed her displeasure. It wasn't really something that he wanted but he was known to flirt. And he really wanted to flirt more with the male's on board, but he knew that it wouldn't fend up well.

They weren't gay or bi and he really wasn't wanting to get yelled at like his....a shudder was going through his body at the thought of him.

"You good?" Hunk asked a concerned look overcame him and he tilted his head now to realize that everyone's attention was on him.

'Quiznak I slipped up.' He thought and instantly putting on his goofy smile. "I am fine." He reassured everyone but Keith narrowed his eyes but not saying anything. They all went to the training room and he was tempted to bash some robots again.

"We will all see your greatest fears." Coran the gorgeous mustache man said.

"You can't be serious. I don't think that this is a good idea. " He said and this time a bit more tense because his fears are not something that he wanted others to show.

"For once I agree with the goofball there." Keith huffed out and he was almost wincing at this. Maybe calling him a rival wasn't the best approach, but he had no idea what else to do. How could he know, to make friends. With him having no experience at all. So he ended up going with rival.

"It could help us get closer." Shiro said positivity but he really wasn't thinking that it was a good idea. Because this could go rather south. With his past he really felt uncomfortable about telling them.

"Sorry but I think it's a really bad idea and could result in something not good." Hunk warned and he was so grateful for this cinnamon roll. Because he knew that this could end up in a bad way.

"Nonsense. I am sure that this will help to understand each other more." Allura said and he let out a sigh. Of course she would think like this. 

"I am going. Because I don't want to have anyone see my fears." His voice was more tense, and everyone stared at him. Knowing too well that he had slightly slip once again. But this time he couldn't care less about this. 

"Oh come what bad fears can you have, Lance?" Keith taunted and he puffed his cheeks out irritation bubbling up. How dare he? How dare he assume he had no bad fears. His eyes narrowed and he was so tempted to punch Keith, even when he had this tiny -okay maybe massive- crush on the mullet head. 

"Keith I think this time you shouldn't push the buttons, or else he might..." Hunk warned softly and putting a hand over his shoulder as whispering something into his ears. "You alright?" It was asked with concern and he nodded. Yet no one had listened to him, other than Hunk and Pidge.

So that the first one to go was Pidge who he felt bad for. Her fear was not being accepted for being trans. Because she was actually in reality a boy, but she wasn't wanting to be a boy but a girl. As she was trans and it was making his heart go out for her. Then the next fear was losing her brother and father. Also, that they would never get back to Earth and dying at this war.

"That wasn't too bad was it?" Allura asked cheerfully and he was dreading the fact that he will end up seeing the others all his fears. There were a bunch of them, and he rather wasn't wanting anyone know about them.

"So, who's next?" Was soon asked by Coran and Hunk was going next. His fears weren't too surprising. To lose his family and never to get back to Earth. He patted the male on his shoulder and giving him a reassuring look. He never will see his family ever again. Not after he had been a disgrace to them. He can be lucky that his Uncle never will find him.

Then there was Shiro and he could relate to the older man. He was fearing getting back on the experiment table, back at the Galra's being used as a weapon. Never seeing Earth again and dying. And rejection.

"Don't worry we never will let them have you ever again, Shiro." His voice firm and for once he wasn't his goofy self. Everyone stared at him and he huffed out not wanting to deal with people.

"Agree with Lance. They will have to go through me first." It was said with a huff and everyone agreed. Then next was Keith and his fears were making him relate to some way as well. Being gay wasn't easy and getting rejected because of what you like was hurting a ton. They all reassured him and then it was his turn and he breathed out.

"I really..." He bit his lips not wanting to, but the others have, and it wouldn't be fair to them. So, he put that weird crown thin on top of him and he knew that this won't be something that they expected.