11; We have to suck some toads

Start from the beginning

" I will, don't worry." Aang said, about to fly off but lighting strikes making me grimacing just a bit. " Uh, maybe it's safer if I go on foot." He said, closing his staff and leans it against the doorway of our little camp.

" It would be wise." I replied, Appa groans under us and Momo chirps from above Appa's head.

" HAHA!" Sokka snorts, " You guys are killing me."

" Please hurry." I added, watching Aang leap out of the campsite and down the to the ground. Once he was gone, I tried to remove my hand from Sokka but he groans and grips my wrist tightly. " Sokka, I have to get Katara comfortable." I said and Sokka grunts, letting go of my hand. I slide back down Appa's leg and opened the packed sleeping bag and help Katara lay in it, Katara weakly curls up into the fluffy sleeping bag and kept using my coat as a pillow. I sat back into my spot in between them and laid there.

" Mirza, I'm cold." Sokka said, sniffing, he turns his head towards me and whimpered like a child. " I can use some of your warmth, please, please, please-" I rolled my eyes at his begging but I moved my arm and pulled Sokka close against me. I can feel himself shift a bit in my hold and pressed his face against the side of my chest. He was still up but just wanted my heat. I stared at the cracked ceiling, wondering when Aang was gonna come back with whatever medicine the herbalist gave him. Or tea, tea is good.

" Mirza?" Katara rasped to my right, I turn my head to look at her, her eyes watery but she wasn't crying, it was from getting sick. " Can I lay my head next to you too?" She asked, sweat dripping down her forehead. I opened my other arm and pulled her closer towards me. She sighs and pressed her head against my other side. I couldn't tell if she went to sleep or not but her breathing was slow and calm.

Them wanting heat from me wasn't something new to me or them. I was always the hot one, quite literally. Back at home as children, they would get sick, usually Sokka whom insisted it was okay to play in the snow in his Pajamas and get scolded by Kya afterwards. The next day, Sokka would get sick and Kya use to make me watch him as she cooked Sea prune soup. Sokka enjoyed having me coddle him when he was sick, making me do his chores, make me get him things like seal jerky or cooked fish that Gran Gran hid from us a lot or occasionally made me read him stories that we came up with. After hours of making me do stuff for him, Sokka would insist after dinner that we cuddle so he could have my heat for the night. If I refused? He would beg, beg and beg until I laid beside him in his sleeping bag.

When Kya died, Gran Gran and I took over helping Katara and Sokka's health. I'm a year older than them, so it was natural that I watched over them. It was usually Sokka getting sick, but on the rare occasion that it was Katara. I made Sea Prune soup for them, often letting it cook by itself as I did laundry, checked up on the Sokka or Katara, hang laundry, check on soup, did a round in the South Pole to make sure there weren't any wild or harmful animals around, check on the soup, check on the sick person, replace the wet rag, and it repeated.

I didn't mind a single time when I became the source of their warmth or the homemaker as Sokka likes to put it sometimes to annoy me.

Though, I hope Aang doesn't get sick too.. I thought as I glanced at the lighting that strikes again outside and sigh, I can feel Sokka and Katara sleeping against my sides and I too, slowly shut my eyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I groan as I laid in my sleeping bag, my stomach grumbling unhappily and I felt like I was frozen in a block of ice. I gotten sick yesterday morning from staying out with Hakoda for a hunt, he gotten an earful from Kya and Gran Gran when we came back home. My skin was cold as ice and my stomach was grumbling unhappily all that morning. Kya was making me some Sea Prune soup for my tummy and to make my temperature better.

Tranquility [ ATLA: Book One]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara