09; The Great Divide

(( Small chapter))After the whole Jet ordeal, we decided to make camp after flying for a day

(( Small chapter))

After the whole Jet ordeal, we decided to make camp after flying for a day. Apparently, it was next to some large trench. Everyone was making camp as Aang and I were looking for some food, he was lucky that there wasn't enough animals for us.

" Find anything?" I asked, picking the ripe raspberries in my hands and walked back to see Aang had a handful of red berries. " Cool, looks like we have dinner. Hopefully Sokka won't whine about it." I said as we made our way back.

" So how long have you been fire bending?" I snapped my head towards the innocent monk, my eyes wide. " What?" he asked, eyebrow raised.

" H-How do you know?" I asked, voice cracking a bit. He noticed and instantly a look of concern on his face came. " Aang?"

" I saw you putting out the fires on Kiyoshi Island." He answered in a shy voice, and looked anywhere but my face. " I was kind of impressed too. The South pole isn't for Firebenders."

I kept myself quiet and stared hard at the monk, once his eyes caught mine, he flinched back, his lower lip pouting a bit but trembling as well. I noticed and my gaze soften just a bit, how much of a jerk could I be for making the Avatar cry? A big one.

" Aang, Katara doesn't know that I'm a Fire Bender. Most of the women in our tribe either." I said calmly as I return to walking back at the camp. Aang follows after me, and I could feel his curious eyes on me. " I would love it if this could stay between us." I could feel Aang's eyes on me, I knew his thoughts were swarming about my fire bending abilities but he was afraid to ask. He didn't ask me anything as we came upon our campsite, I expected a nice warm campsite and a tent for all four of us but all I saw was a mess.

" Oh boy, what now?" I asked, both siblings turn to glare at me and scowl even more. " What?"

" Sokka refuses to listen to me, he says we should use the tarp as a blanket!" Katara exclaimed loudly, throwing her arms up. " He's being a moron!"

" Me?! A moron?!" Sokka screeched as he turns to look at his sister, " Why would I put it up anyway? It's the dry season for pete sakes! It's not going to rain! Mirza, Buddy, you got to believe me on this!"

I glanced at the sky and saw no rain clouds above us then to the fire seeing it was barely alive, my moved his gaze to the ruin tent and sighed. Of course, I've dealt with sibling squabbles and their tantrums, I know how to exactly handle this.

" Okay, Okay." I placed my berries into Aang's hands before wiping my hands on my pants, " You two need to cool down for a moment. Who cares about the tarp? Katara, he's right, it's the dry season, no rain drop in sight." I said, and Katara huffed when Sokka smirked. " Though, Sokka, you probably shouldn't have ruin our bed for tonight." I pointed out and Sokka's face falls while Katara grins smugly. " Why don't you two fix the tent and I'll work on the fire." They grumbled before they turn to fix the tent, grumbling things I couldn't hear. I bend down, my back towards them as I lit my hand up, a flame coming up and I moved over the wood in the rock circle. Slowly the wood Caught on Fire, and I removed my hand away. Aang was watching me, I could tell it was him.