"Emma? What are you doing?" My heart started to beat rapidly against my chest, and I could see that Lincoln shared my expression.

As she was about to answer, Luka emerged from one of the halls, his eyes glued to his phone screen.

"Emma what did you want to talk to me abo-" He stopped as his eyes met hers. The three of us had the same expressions sketched on our faces as she glanced at us individually before sighing.

"I'm leav-"

"No you're not Emma. Ty, mom and now you? You're not going anywhere" Luka quickly cut her off by saying.

"Luka please. Just listen" Her eyes were pleading with us to hear her out, so I gently held Luka's arm in attempt to calm him. I gave her a nod, encouraging her to continue.

"I'm twenty-one, and I'm not getting any younger. When Ty left, I felt like I was logging behind like always" She looked up to meet Luka's eyes. "I need to start my life Luka"

"But everything is so fresh. Are you sure about this? Emma you know we don't blame you for what happened yesterday right?" This came from Lincoln as he came and stood beside us.

"I know I know. It's not that. It's just that....I think it's time I follow in Ty's footsteps. I want to find my mate"

We all stood silent at that. Of course we didn't want her to leave, but we couldn't deny her the freedom to search for her happiness.

"I know its all so soon and probably suffocating, but I need this. And I know you guys forgive me for everything, but I need time to forgive myself too. Seeing you guys everyday will be my greatest joy, but a constant reminder of what almost happened just because I was a coward..."

"But it didn't happened"

"But....It could have." She sighed and took a step closer, placing the suitcase on the ground.

"I love you guys. And I'm more that okay with how I'm living. But I'm not an Alpha, Beta or Gamma. I'm not Lincoln's or any wolf in this pack's mate. We all know dad will go after mom and try to find her. Ty is running a pack, Caleb and Ashley are having a baby and you guys are leading this pack together. I need to find my purpose too guys. And I know that you know this day would come eventually.

"Just let me do this. I need to, for myself. Please understand guys, I have no responsibility here and I know I wasn't born to live here under your noses forever. I know something is out there for me. I promise I'll call regularly. And I thought I'd go now when the mood is still fresh, so you wont have to go through it again. Please understand"

She ended with a breath and looked at us expectantly.

She was right, we all knew she was. We also had no reason or right to keep her here forever. It's not like she wont visit and stuff. But I hate goodbyes.

Luka was the first to go to her and hug her. He whispered something in her hair before placing a lingering kiss there with his eyes squeezed shut. Lincoln was next to embrace her, and then it was me.

Tears spilled from my eyes before I even reached her. Her eyes watered too, as she closed the distance between us. I felt liquid seeping through my top where Emma's head was, indicating that she too was crying.