Chapter 43

Victoria's pov

Three weeks went by in a flash, and things only got more interesting by the day.

Caleb was finally able to sense Ashley's scent change, and whenever he's not working, he'd have his nose lodged into her neck.

I was quite happy for them. They seemed so content.

Emma seemed to come to terms with the fact that Ty was gone, though they practically talked every night. It was good to see her accepting the change since she was so sensitive about it.

Luka and I enrolled Zoey in a class for her age, where she'll learn basic knowledge for her age group while getting enough time to practice her art.

I've come to learn that they only start learning about werewolf theories and shifting when they are ten. But for now, they'll keep things simple.

Luka has become so busy with his pack work, and I'd help him sometimes. I actually got to see what everyone meant when they said he was a great Alpha; it was like he was programmed for it.

I on the other hand, have finally settled in at the pack hospital. The nurses and doctor were very welcoming. I found it weird that such a big pack only had one doctor, but being there a couple days made me see why. Wolves don't get sick like humans do. So, you'll only see patients there with physical injuries, or women coming in to have their babies.

Some kids might come down with a few viruses and such, but it wasn't much. The few days I went in for work are always so exhilarating.

At first I was nervous, since I was only trained to be a nurse and here I was taking the role of a doctor. But after a day or two, I realized I've never felt so comfortable at my previous job.

"Have a good evening Doctor Deslandes"

I smiled warmly at Tasha, a nurse who's been much help to me since I started here.

"You too Tasha. Say hi to your mate for me"

She smiled sweetly and waved as I opened my umbrella to set out in the pouring rain. I cursed lowly at the weather since it was bright and sunny this morning when I left home, so I didn't bother to drive.

The mud splashed on my white scrubs as I walked by the side of the hospital towards the woods, deciding to take the shortcut home.

I thought about calling Luka, Caleb or Lincoln, but they were always so busy nowadays. I could handle a little mud.

"Luna! Luna! " A small voiced called out.

I whipped my head towards the sound of the voice that called me. She sounded like a little girl and she sounded very scared. I spotted her clinging against a tree and I quickly made my way towards her.

"No don't come any closer" She rushed out. I stopped dead in my tracks and watched her in confusion. "It's quicksand, you'll get stuck if you come closer" She added, giving me clarity.

A frown took over my lips as I watched the mud infront of me as if it just committed a crime. My eyes then darted to the girl that clung to the free with fear in her eyes.

I frantically looked around for something that could help her, umbrella long forgotten as it floated away in the light wind.