Max's grasp tightened around my back and head, holding me as close as he possibly could, afraid that if he let go, so would this moment. I held back just as eagerly, letting my mind finally ease and accept the thought of having him in my life permanently, with no end.

"Oh, look at you two getting cozy in the waiting room." Chris teased as he walked in with Chelsea by his side.

Max pulled away slightly, letting our foreheads rest against one another as we took in each other's haltered breathing. No one else matter around us in this moment.

I was mesmerized by him.

Every piece of him was what I wanted, what I needed in life.

I was never going to let go.

"Don't mind us. Just passing through." Chelsea giggled as they walked to the back room.

Max leaned in again, once we were alone, capturing my lips and attention. His movements just as feverish as before as he put his all into showing me how much I meant to him.

And even when he was slowing, I could feel the promises he was making of our future that turned my lips numb. Something deep inside of me fluttered, sparking its way to my shaking hand that held the side of his neck. A passion and aspire to show him how much he meant to me, as well.

I fastened our kiss, giving Maddox my complete, vulnerable self. No worries of betrayal or past hurt entered my mind when he reciprocated the same movements in return.

God, I love him. And no matter if we had said it when we first reunited, I felt it now more than ever.

And something told me this was just the beginning of feeling Max's love.

"I have to call my Dad and tell him the news." I whispered to Max when we finally pulled away from one another.

Max nodded but I could see the hesitance of releasing me from his grasp. So I stay snuggled into his chest, letting him hold me for as long as he wished.

"Hey, princess." My father answered, full of happiness. "I was wondering when you'd call me. Almost thought you forgot my number since I heard from Maddox before you."

My stomach turned. He used Max's full name. I even forgot Max said he talked to him before our date in New York and the fact that my father brought Maddox up just meant he wanted to talk about it.

Max rubbed my arm softly, giving me a gentle kiss to the top of my head, easing any worries that momentarily floated in my mind.

"Hi, Dad." I meekly spoke, feeling bad for leaving him out of the loop.

"So, did he take you to the gardens?"

"Yes. Thank you for suggesting it. I remember when grandma used to take me all the time." I hummed with the great memories that surrounded the plant filled rooms and smiled knowing Maddox was now a part of them.

My father sighed deeply. "I'm not disapproving of the two of you so you don't have to beat around the bush."

"You're not?" I furrowed my brows and snuggled closer into Max's chest until I could feel his heart pound against my cheek.

"No. Maddox and I spoke for three hours that day. I missed that cheeky brat. Are you two trying again?" My father asked eagerly, with a small ting of playfulness mixed with joy.

"Yes, but I called to tell you that Kace decided where I was going to open shop."

"Finally! Where? I'm hoping he chose Colorado, always wanted to visit there again."

"New York City." I answered with as much excitement as he had.

My father remained quiet for a few moments before his voice softened, "Ellie, that's amazing. I'm so proud of you. You know that, right? My little girl, opening her own tattoo shop in the big apple. God, I'm going to have to move again. We could take back the city like we used to when you were little." My father continued to ramble, bringing up old memories of my grandma and places we'd go. "And maybe we could bring Maddox and his Father to a basketball game. No, that's a bad idea. Especially if his father is the same as I remember. Who thinks Lebron is better than Jordan? No. We'll have to do a hockey game."

I couldn't help the small giggle as I looked up to Max. He was watching me with worry until my lips curled upwards to him.

"My father is complaining about James fancying Lebron." I told Max.

Max's eyes lit up with a smile of his own. "Tell Jack that my fathers poor taste in teams hasn't changed."

My dad laughed, hearing Max in the background. "What a shame." He huffed but I could picture his smile. "You're happy?"

"Very." I sighed contently, lingering my gaze to Max's eyes, taking in the loving look he gave me as he watched me back.

"Good. Keep me updated. I love you."

"I love you, too."

I held the phone close to my body, feeling nothing but utter happiness for the first time in so long. Everything seemed to be falling into place.

My career, my love life, my family and friends. It all seemed so perfect in this very moment. I couldn't help but marvel in the feels.

***
A/N: so I guess I couldn't be that douche and leave for a week on a cliffhanger. So here's a lovey dovey chapter.

Anyone from Vermont? I'm loving it here. <3