Twenty Three.

A/N: Hey everyone! If you're reading this check out my other Erotica 'Ride Me' after these chapters :)

Thanks and enjoy the early morning update! <33

***

Ellie POV

I laid on the couch, cuddling with Dixie. I hadn't even changed out of my pajamas from last night as we curled up on the couch and watched TV.

I've barely moved since I took that pregnancy test. Maddox let me sulk for a while we we binge watched The Umbrella Academy from the beginning and we both fell asleep on the couch.

I didn't want to get up.

My mind felt numbed from all the thoughts and worries it was forcing itself to over think. Especially when Maddox left for work this morning, I thought I'd be okay but I felt very far from it.

It was already almost seven at night and Max still wasn't home yet. He told me he had to finish up paperwork from yesterday that he never got around to so I just cooked some chicken and vegetables for myself and put some in the fridge for him for later.

My hands shook as I held my phone in my hand. I hated that I was mad at Lexi and Sam. All I wanted to do was call one of my best friends and vent but I couldn't bring myself to do it. They both lied to me for years.

Maybe Lexi didn't lie but she kept important information about Maddox from me. Even if I never asked they should have told me he was still trying. Especially Sam. I never thought my own chosen brother would be the one to do something like this.

Though, I should have seen it coming. Just like every messed up thing in my life. I'm always putting myself into these situations where I feel like I'm drowning.

Oh God, what am I going to do?

Dixie jumped from the couch with a bark, her tail darted in the air on high alert as she paced in front of the door.

The knocking made her go crazy, barking up a storm until I calmed her as I opened it.

Max stood there with his hands stuffed in his pockets and a frown on his face. "Why are you still in your pajamas?"

I shrugged, stepping to the side as he walked his way in. "Why did you knock?" I retorted with an attitude I wasn't sure I could keep in check today.

"Get dressed, Ellie." Max demanded, pulling me through the apartment and into the bedroom.

"Why are you in a mood?" I snapped, yanking my arm from his grasp.

Max huffed, yanking out my luggage and rummaging through the clothing I have yet to put away. "We don't have time for questions. Just get dressed, quickly and I'll get Dixie's leash."

"Max." I groaned out. I didn't want to get dressed or leave the couch for that matter.

"Get dressed, L." Max ordered again, this time more stern and with a pointed finger.

I complained internally the whole time as I lazily threw on the sweats and oversized sweater Max put onto the bed for me.

"Come on, Ellie." He rushed me.

"God, what has your panties in a bunch?" I mumbled, eyeing him carefully. "You stay at work late then come home all crabby, forcing me out of the house. Did you eat today? Are you just hangry?"

Max chuckled, letting a smile finally lift his lips once we were outside in the setting sun, letting the cool crisp fall air wrap around our bodies.

"I'm sorry but this is time sensitive." He looked to his watch then back to me urgently.

"What is?" I pressed.

Max quickly took my hand, intertwining our fingers as he led Dixie and I down the road. "You'll see."

I blindly followed through the darkening streets of New York, letting Max sway our hands as we walked.

Not walked, more like fast walked.

I wanted to keep asking where he was taking me and what the big hurry was but as soon as we walked down the same street as yesterday, I knew where he was bringing me. It wasn't long before the bright red brick building that stood out from all the others, came into view.

My heart thrummed looking up to Maddox's smile shining under a street post that he stopped underneath.

"Max, what are we doing here?" I asked, placing my hands to his chest.

"Chris told me how much you loved this place and why you think you can't afford it." Max turned me to face my dream shop, his chest pressed against my back. Our reflection glittered back through the large bay windows I adored. His arms wrapped around my waist then held onto my stomach where our unborn child was growing, while he positioned Dixie to sit beside us in the make believe photo.

"I went over the numbers after work and I know for a fact, that no matter if we have a baby or not, we could afford this place together." He hushed, resting his chin on my shoulder. "It would be in your name but I'd help you with it. We could fix up the inside just how you envision it. Maybe we can put a few black and white photos hanging on the far left wall and little lights that stretch across the ceiling to add to the skylight. It could be beautiful, Ellie. I know you could make it more beautiful than it already is."

My breathing halted for a moment, taking in his words to their fullest.

"But, we have to put in an offer by eight." Max pulled his wrist up to the lighting with a sigh. "That gives us twenty minutes to get down to the realtors office."

"You're serious." I whispered.

"Very." He smiled into my cheek. "What do you say?"

I watched my own lips curve upwards in the distorted reflection from the windows as I held Max's hand that was placed to my stomach.

****
A/N: so I've only written two(?) sex scenes in this story but more is coming. The first story their relationship was solely based on sex (which is what I was going for) but my hope is to make this one more emotionally intimate.

There will still be sex and the next smut scene will be very soon, I promise.