Chapter 37

A few days later, Amber was laying on the couch. She was the only one in the room. Everyone else was getting ready for graduation. Amber was starting to think that Carlisle wasn't going to let her go. Just then, Alice came into the room. "Come on." She said.

"Where are we going?" Amber asked.

"To get you ready for graduation." Alice answered.

"What?" Amber asked, confused.

"Carlisle said it was ok for you to go." Alice explained. "You just need to have an oxygen tank with you. And you need to wear this." She was holding a surgical mask.

"Ok." Amber said, smiling. She would wear whatever she had to. She was just glad she's was getting to go to her graduation.

"Do you need me to carry you upstairs?" Alice asked. Amber couldn't help but laugh. "What's so funny?" Alice asked.

"It's just funny hearing you ask that because of how small you look." Amber said. "If I didn't know better, I wouldn't think you'd be able to pick me up let alone carry me upstairs."

"Oh." Alice said with a chuckle.

"No. I'm ok. I just need carrying this." Amber said, referring to IV drip.

"Ok." Alice said."Now, come on. We don't want to be late." The two of them headed up to Alice's room. "Don't hate me." Alice started. "But, I did buy a dress and shoes for you."

"It's fine." Amber said.

"I also grabbed your wig from your house." Alice said. "I figured you would want to wear it."

"Thank you." Amber said. Alice started helping Amber get ready. She made sure not to get anything caught on any of the wires.

When Alice finished putting makeup on Amber and put her wig on, she was removing Amber's IV and setting up an oxygen tank. "Shouldn't Carlisle being doing this?" Amber asked.

"He told me what I needed to do." Alice replied.

"Where are they all?" Amber asked.

"They already headed to the school." Alice answered. "I told them we would meet them there." Amber nodded. "Ready to go?" Alice asked.

"Yep." Amber said. Alice helped downstairs and outside to the car.

A few minutes later, Amber was sitting next to her with the other graduates. Bella had helped Amber when their names were called. Amber had felt slightly self-conscious with everyone seeing her with the oxygen tank and mask. She had noticed that Jacob, Billy, Seth, and Sue had come to see Amber and Bella graduate, along with Charlie. Afterwards, Amber made her way outside with the other graduates. She and Bella found their dad in the crowd. Seth, Jacob, Billy, and Sue were standing with him. They went over to them.

"Hey guys." They said.

"Congratulations!" Jacob and Seth said as they hugged the girls. Jacob hugged Bella and Seth hugged Amber.

"Are you coming to the party tonight?" Amber asked.

"Do you want me to come?" Seth asked.

"Of course." Amber answered.

"Then, I will be there." Seth said.

"Ok." Amber said. Seth and the rest of them left and it was just Charlie, Amber, and Bella.

"I'm so proud of you girls." Charlie said, hugging them both.

"Thanks Dad." Bella said.

"You two are my biggest accomplishment." Charlie continued. "I love you both so much."