Chapter 8

Saturday morning, Amber woke up and headed downstairs. She saw Bella making breakfast. "Morning Bella." She greeted her sister.

"Morning Amber." Bella greeted back.

"Did Dad go fishing?" Amber asked, noticing Charlie wasn't in the kitchen. His bedroom door was open and wasn't in the family room, so she guessed he had left to go fishing already.

"Yeah." Bella said. "He left with Harry Clearwater before you woke up."

"Ok." Amber said. She went over to the coffee pot and started making some for her and Bella. Once they had both finished what they were doing, they set everything on the table and sat down. "So, what are your plans for the day?" Amber asked as she took a bite of the scrambled eggs Bella made.

"Edward's taking me to meet his family." Bella replied. "Would you like to come with us?"

"Thanks for the offer." Amber said. "But I've already met them and I'm hanging out with Jasper."

"Oh ok." Bella said. "Well, have fun."

"Honestly, I'm a little nervous." Bella said. "What if they don't like me?"

"I'm sure they'll love you, Bells." Amber said.

"Thanks Amber." Bella said.

Once they finished eating, Amber helped Bella clean up breakfast. Afterwards, Amber went up to her room to get dressed. She started looking through her closet. Even though she and Jasper were just hanging out, she found herself wanting to look nice. She picked out a pale blue plaid shirt with a white tank top, blue jeans, and a pair of converses. She changed into the outfit and combed her hair out a little bit.

"Amber, Edward and Jasper are here." Bella called from downstairs.

Amber looked out the window and saw Edward and Jasper getting out of Edward's car and heading up the pathway. As she looked outside, they saw that there a little bit of sun showing through the clouds. For once it was going to be a nice day in Forks. She made her way down the stairs as Bella opened the door.

"Hey guys." Bella said, letting them in.

"Hey." Edward said as he walked in with Jasper.

Jasper looked at Amber. "Hey." He said.

"Hi." Amber said.

"Ready to go, Bella?" Edward asked.

"Yeah." Bella said.

"Have fun." Amber said. "See you later."

"Bye." Bella said as she headed outside.

"Bye guys." Edward said, following her.

"Come on." Jasper said. "Grab your car keys."

"Ok." Amber said, not knowing what he had planned. She went into the kitchen and grabbed the keys to the truck, off of the counter. She walked outside with Jasper.

"Would you be opposed to me driving?" He asked.

"Not at all." Amber said, tossing him the keys. She got in on the passenger side while he got in on the driver side. He started the car and drove down the street.

"How are you doing?" Jasper asked.

"Doing good." Amber answered. "And how about you?"

"Same here." Jasper replied. "By the way, you look nice today."

Amber looked down to keep him from seeing her blush. "Thank you." She said. They sat in silence for a little bit.

"No offense." Jasper said. "But damn, you're truck drives so slow."