With each passing second he seems to get closer and closer, and I can't help but wonder if this will get us fired. It's not that I don't want to kiss him, trust me, I do, but I don't want us to lose our jobs because of this. His lips are so close to mine, my eyes flutter shut and I feel the ever so delicate press of his lips to mine. He doesn't shift away as he continues to kiss me, leaning even closer, and I kiss him back.

The chiming of the meal bell reminds me of where we are, and what we are supposed to be doing as I sit up quickly, and smack my head against his, crashing our foreheads together in the process. My eyes spring open, "sorry, sorry, sorry." I say as I glance at his red cheeks, and eyes that are locked to mine, I know that my face has to be red already, so I tear my eyes away and watch the campers swim in.

When I get the guts to look back at Henry I notice he is already standing, and offering his hand to me. He pulls me up once I take it, looking over my head at the lake, then bringing his gaze down to my eyes, "I'm the one who should be sorry, that wasn't very professional of me. Can we forget about this whole thing?" He drops my hand and reached down to grab his water bottle and camp issued counselor backpack.

I follow his actions, doing the same feeling my heart rip out of my chest as I subconsciously trace my finger over my bottom lip. "Yeah, that sounds good." I reply to him, turning towards our campers who are lined up by the mess hall, and walking heading their way, counting them as I step. I can feel his gaze on me, but I can't turn around, I know I would break down if I did. That's what happens when I get my hopes up.

🌟

It has been a few days since the dock kissing incident, and I just want to scream. We've both been kind of avoiding each other, well as much as you can when you are assigned to be together almost all hours of the day. And on top of that some of the campers and Clare, my friend and fellow CIT have been questioning me about how close they saw us on the dock.

"Come on, Delilah, you have to tell me. I see the way you guys look at each other. And I really saw the way he looked at you before he kissed you." Claire questions me for the thousandth time as we bring up the rear of the hike to a waterfall. Of course Henry ditched me to hang out with his friends and lead the way at the front of the group. Not that I'm complaining, I'm sick of the awkward silence between us.

"There really is nothing to say, Clare, when the bell rung he apologized for kissing me then said we should forget it ever happened. And what's even worse is he apologized for being unprofessional. He must really regret kissing me."

She rolls her eyes, and glances at he with an unreadable expression, "I swear, you are so dense on this topic it's as if your brain is a rock. He is probably just nervous, like you are. But was he a good kisser?"

I giggle, looking ahead at the steep terian ahead of me, trying to think of a way to not sound completely love struck. "I don't know C, we barely kissed for more than a few seconds, so it was kind of hard to tell."

She laughs along with me, as we climb the rock stairs leading up to the most tricky part of the trail, the rock facing that we have to climb across. I hate this part, my stomach always drops when I look over the edge and see how far the drop is to down below. It really makes me glad I'm not a full counselor yet, their job is to stand along the facing and make sure campers don't fall.

The pace of the group slowed considerably as I watched Henry and two other counselors climb the rock and get in position, Clare and I walked to the front of the group and helped another CIT push kids up.

worlds of my imagination - short and sweet storiesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें