Chapter 8 - Tales of Obito's Travels

Magsimula sa umpisa

He sat down next to the man and let the day's events unwind.

Before he left Korea, he made sure to tell Kakashi that he would be going off the grid for a few months, and say goodbye until he had WiFi again.

That was another thing. WiFi. Obito loved WiFi. Obito loved mobile games, offline games, and those stupid games that are trying so desperately to get you to buy something.

He saved up money to buy a Nentondo Swotch 10, and played a lot of video games, good and bad.

He kept doing odd jobs all over the place, and learning more about the world around him.

There were so many pro heroes around in every country he went to, and he found himself enjoying it.

'I would've wanted to be the #1 if I'd grown up here.' He thought one day, while watching the top hero in China save people from a villain attack.

There were so many different types of food that he'd never heard of, different ways of dressing and doing hair. Cultures, religions, places. And Obito wanted to see them all.

Travel here was cheap and efficient. Obito knew that before Quirks came into existence, travel was slow and expensive, but now that it cost less to make the machines required to travel such distances, and it took less time to get places, the travel was significantly cheaper. Obito took full advantage of this.

Next stop on the list was India.

Obito decided that instead of visiting the famous places, he would just wander around until his last week, when he would ask someone for the nearest airport and head off in that direction.

Since travel was so much easier, there was no need to book tickets beforehand. In fact, some places used mainly underwater travel since by air had been done before. (200 years in the future, submarines and underwater trains are gonna be the next best thing. Calling it now)

Obito decided that Intelligence Quirks were his favorite type of Quirk. He couldn't even imagine the travel expenses without them.

He tried a lot of interesting food, most of which he liked. One thing he decidedly didn't like was "American food." Why would you grease something just to put more grease on it? It was like begging for an early grave. So he decided that, although he did want to go to the US, he wasn't going to eat very much of their food there. He would instead find other food joints that had foods he'd tried on his travels, since there was apparently a lot of food in the US that wasn't from the US. He didn't bother to pretend that he understood how and why this world worked, but he did hope to get a better understanding as time went on.

He went to Turkey next, then Egypt, Spain, and France, which was where he was currently.

He wasn't fluent in all the Native languages of the countries he's been to, but he had a good enough grasp on the language to be able to communicate. Ah, the wonders of the sharingan.

His favourite destination so far was definitely the small village he'd found himself in a few days after reaching France. He'd taken a bus across the Spain/France border, through the mountains, and found himself in a little old village.

The people there were nice, and he stayed in a small inn in the center of the village. The houses were beautiful, he liked a lot of the architecture in France. He made sure to save a picture for Kakashi.

He was sitting in the park in the village, when a child came up to him.

"Excuse me, what happened to your face?" She asked. Her friends were hiding behind a tree a few meters away.

"I hurt it when I was younger."

"Oh. Did it hurt?"

Obito paused, before answering, "Yes, but I saved someone, so I'm happy."

The girl looked left and right, before whispering. "I have a scar too."

"Really?" He asked, just as quiet.

"Mhm. I fell in the river." She revealed her arm which had been amputated on and was missing a few fingers.

"Wow. You must be really brave."

"Maman doesn't think so... it makes her sad." She muttered.

"I'm sure she's proud of you too."

"What about your maman?" She asked.

"Mine? She's not here anymore."

"Oh." She was silent for a little bit. "My name's Charlotte!"

"I'm Obito."

"From now on, we're friends!" She declared, loud enough for most people in the park to hear.

"Aye aye!" Obito grinned.

He wrote the girl letters from time to time when he left the village. He told her where he would be next, and if he didn't know he made sure to tell her that he would let her know when he did. She promised to visit him in Japan when he went back.

Before he left France, he went to the village one last time. It was a little inconvenient, but he didn't mind.

"You were right!" She giggled upon seeing him. "Maman is proud of me!"

"See?" He lifted her up and sat her down on the chair across from him. They were a little too high for her to get onto herself.

"Hey Sir? Where are you going next?"

"I'm going to Germany, then England." Obito told her.

"Then?"

"America."

"And then?"

"Well, then I'll be returning to Japan."

"Why?" She asked.

"I owe a good friend of mine dinner and some drinks. Then I need to make up for lost time and apologize." He smiled a little sadly.

"I'm sure your friend will understand." She assured him. "You're the best!"

"No, you're the best!" Obito grinned.

"'Lotte? Time to come home!" Charlotte's mother called.

"Okay! I'm coming!" She turned to Obito. "Tell your friend that "Charlotte says hi!" and that she thinks Obito is nice, and they should forgive him!"

"Will do. Thank you Charlotte."

"You gotta write though!" She insisted, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Of course."

"And... don't forget about me!"

"I would never dream of it."

"Good! I won't forget you either!"

"Charlotte!" Her mother called.

"Coming!" She called, then she gave Obito a hug, and ran off.

"Thanks, Charlotte." Obito smiled, and continued on with his journey.

I think that turned out pretty good if I do say so myself (and I do).