Story 1 : The intruder

It was late night. The couple went out with their daughter to spend some time in family. Since Jane was an official policewoman, she was spending less time at home, and it was affecting her couple. Max was working a lot in a restaurant as a cook, but when she was coming back home, she would prefer seeing her girlfriend with their daughter than their nanny.

As Jane got hurt, she was forced to stay at home which, in a way, pleased Max, even if she would have preferred having her at home for another reason. But Jane was exhausted, explaining why she fell asleep while the movie was playing at the cinema. At least she didn't snore.

The ride to their house was quiet. Emily, their four years old daughter, was sleeping in the back of the car, and Jane was struggling to not do the same. Sadly, her pain in her shoulder was keeping her awake, even at night.

They arrived in their alley in direction of their big house in the forest, far from the town. As they were already spending their days in town, they wanted to spend their private lives in a quiet place, far from their works. Max parked the car in front of their house and took Emily in her arms to bring her inside her house while Jane was clenching her jaw to keep her pain inside.

- "Wait for me in the bathroom, I'll take care of your bandage," Max said softly.

- "I can take care of it myself," Jane answered, gritting her teeth.

- "No, you can't. Go take your shower, I take care of Emily."

Jane grumbled some things that Max didn't understand. She wasn't surprised, Jane couldn't move her right arm without feeling pain, which meant she couldn't hold her daughter correctly, and it was frustrating her a lot. They went inside the house, locked the door, and went upstairs. Jane went to the bathroom while Max went to Emily's bedroom to put her to bed. She kissed her forehead, looked at her with a proud smile, and got out of the room without making any noise. When she was in the corridor, she heard the shower stopping, so she decided to see how Jane was. She gently knocked at the door before asking:

- "Are you ok?"

- "Yeah, I'm fine!" Jane answered with an upset tone. "It's open."

Max activated the handle and entered. Jane was sitting on the side of the bath, her head in her left hand, wearing only grey tracksuit pants. Max felt a pinch in her heart, she hated seeing Jane like that. She sat next to her and cleaned the wounds she had on her shoulder and her back.

- "Did you take your painkillers?" Max asked while she was placing the last piece of bandage.

- "Not yet. I got dizzy."

- "I see, you're all pale."

Max rubbed Jane's back, hoping it would make her feel better. She waited a few minutes for Jane to feel better before helping her to put her tee-shirt, hurting more the brunette.

- "Fuck!" Jane grumbled.

- "Ssh, you're gonna wake up Emily!"

- "Sorry for having been shot!"

- "Calm down, yelling at me won't make you feel better!"

Jane clenched her jaw and closed her fist. Max was right, she wasn't responsible of her pain, she couldn't blame Max for her own wound. She took a deep breathing before taking her girlfriend's hand.

- "Sorry," Jane apologized.

- "It's ok. Let's go to bed," Max said softly.

The redhead gave painkillers with something to eat to Jane before putting the sling around her girlfriend's arm. They stood from the bath and went to their bedroom. Max helped Jane to install her arm correctly on the pillows to decrease as much as possible the pain for the night before laying down next to her. She rolled on her right side and placed her left hand on Jane's left arm.