the original final battle

i wrote this ending when i first started the book so it's not very good and is in no way canon to the story. i much prefer the actually ending i chose for this book <3

The moment Rowyn's sneakers stepped into thick snow, the fire inside of her chest ignited and spread throughout her entire body and soon the snow beneath her feet melted away. Rowyn glanced the area around her. It was different from the first time she came to Narnia. Because she wasn't in Narnia. This was Aslan's Country and apart of it was covered in Jadis' ice.

Clenching her fists around the straps of her backpack, Rowyn closed her eyes and focused on her heart. Taking many deep breaths, she focused on feeling that familiar tug that would lead her back to Peter. And the moment that tug pulled her feet forwards, she broke into a sprint and ran through the thick woods around her, pushing tree branches away from her face as she sprinted.

Her breath froze in front of her as she urged her feet to move faster through the heavy snow. Her hands turned red from the cold as she forced herself to run faster and harder. "Fuck, I really should've done track." Rowyn muttered to herself as she ran more.

Rowyn ran for hours only stopping to gulp down a thing of water and to catch her breath for a bit. Her legs felt like jelly after awhile but the thought of Peter being in danger made her push the feeling away and keep going. When Rowyn finally found herself at the end of the large forest she appear in, her mouth opened in shock.

Across a large frozen grassy plane accompanied by many large rocks along the way was a glistening top of a tower. The top of a castle that glistened from the ice that created it—Jadis' ice.

Rowyn knew from the sharp, nearly painful tug her heart felt that Peter was inside. Clenching her fists once more, she quickly stepped forward but something covered her mouth and pulled her back.

"Please, don't scream, Rowyn." She knew the voice that spoke to her. Rowyn stopped struggling when she saw to her left a large army walking forward. Full of Minotaurs, dwarfs, polar bears, and cylops Rowyn knew it was Jadis' army heading back to the castle. "Don't move." The voice repeated. Rowyn tried her hardest to place where she had heard the voice but she couldn't.

The man kept his hand over her mouth until the army disappeared completely behind one of the large boulders that cover the castle's entrance from Rowyn's view. When the man finally released her Rowyn whipped around.

"Tumnus!" Rowyn's eyes widened as she quickly pulled the fawn into her arms. "What are you doing here!"

Tumnus and Rowyn pulled away enough to look at each other. "I've been helping Adeline . . . she needed numbers to help get the Pevensie's back and I knew you would want me to help out so I did."

Rowyn loosened her hold on Tumnus. "Jadis is back isn't she? She has Peter, Lucy, Edmund, and Susan?"

"And their parents . . . and your fathers." Rowyn's eyes widened and she turned to head for the castle. "No Rowyn! It's a trap! It's you she wants!"

"Is Peter alive?" Rowyn turned to Tumnus again after he pulled her back. Tumnus remained silent. "Tumnus!"

The fawn looked down. "I-I don't know . . . we haven't seen them leave the castle in awhile."

Rowyn closed her eyes to stop the burning they held and clenched her fists hard. "Take me to my mother."

Tumnus nodded and grabbed Rowyn's arm. "Be quiet no matter what . . . her men are all around the edge of the forest." Rowyn nodded and the pair rushed through the snow, hiding behind trees every here and there to prevent her men from spotting them.