Gulping to herself, Lilith focused on Max once more, "Several stories below us is the member's entrance to our compound," he gestured at the drop behind him and Eric, "If you can't muster the will to jump off, you don't belong here."

"As an opportunity to show us what you really are made out of," Eric paused, scanning the crowd with a hint of a smirk on his lips, "We'll give our transfers the privilege of jumping first."

"You want us to jump off a ledge?" a female voice questioned, in an incredulous tone.

"Yes," Max nodded his head, amusement shining in his eyes.

"Is there water at the bottom or something?" the next person to speak was a boy from Erudite, who stood a few feet behind Lilith.

"Guess you'll find out," Eric replied, raising his eyebrows, "Or not."

Lilith held back the urge to roll her eyes. Did every sentence that left Eric's mouth have to be so omminous?

Silence took over the roof as the transfers all hesitated. Lilith hated to admit it, but even she was scared. However, she refused to let it show, folding her arms over her chest as she waited for someone, anyone, to make a move. After a few seconds, and much to her surprise, it ended up being Beatrice stepping towards the two leaders. They moved away to the sides, offering her room to take a look at what waited for her down below. Everyone watched as she removed her shirt, before her eyes landed on Peter. Rage glinted in them as she rolled her clothing into a ball, before throwing it at him with all the strenght she could muster. Lilith couldn't hold back a laugh at the sight, and Peter offered her a glare as he threw the shirt aside.

Everything after that happened quickly and, before they knew it, Beatrice was gone from the edge of the roof. Max and Eric watched her fall with neutral expressions, before exchanging a glance and looking at the rest of the iniciates expectantly. Lilith realized that her heart was pounding against her ribcage once more, not out of fear because of the jump, but from what exactly had happened to Beatrice at the bottom. She was aware that this was simply a test, much like the train journey and their exit from the vehicle, but she wasn't used to that level of uncertainty.

"Well," Max spoke, after a few seconds, "Who's next?"

Lilith's brown eyes searched the crowd, but no one seemed willing to volunteer, even after Beatrice had been the first. Pursing her lips, Lilith clenched her fists by her side as she made her way to the spot where the Abnegation girl had stood, only seconds before. The first thing she saw upon looking down was a hole on the concrete, leading to what appeared to be darkness. Clenching her jaw, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"Today, Candor," Eric's voice echoed from somewhere on her right.

Refusing him the satisfaction of getting a reaction, Lilith opened her eyes and leaped off of the rooftop. It became harder to breathe the faster she fell, and the wind made her eyes sting as she approached the hole in the ground at an almost impossible speed. Adrenaline coarsed through her veins and, even if it felt like her body was going to break apart at any given second, a laugh left her lips as she fell.

It didn't take long for her to clash against what seemed to be a net, a smile still on her lips as she shook her head, looking up to the ledge. She could see the faint outlines of Max and Eric, her fingers clutching the net as she caught her breath. A hand latched onto her arm and she jumped, before realizing that it was another guy, probably close to Eric's age, trying to help her out of the net. Once her feet hit the solid ground, the brunette dusted off her clothes, still breathing heavily as she took in her surroundings.

"What's your name?" he asked.

Her lips formed an accomplished smile, "Lilith."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────