Chapter 5

"Poppy? Talk to me, girl, c'mon." Sienna crouched down next to her friend, who was busy sulking in the Annex. "It's only one match, and it didn't even affect your rankings."

Poppy shot to her feet, rage all over her face. "It's not about the rank, Sienna! The fact that we lost to a Knight - a Knight! - who hasn't even had his Ghost for a week? That's the problem. And now Shaxx and the Vanguard are treating him like he's one of us. Truth is, he's not. He never will be." As she drew breath to continue, they heard a loud CLUNK! from behind. When the pair turned, Narvuk was there, his sword hanging loosely from his hand and his mouth open as if to speak. Before either could attempt to explain, he slung his sword onto his shoulder, turned, and conjured a portal to leave. Sienna caught a glimpse of what looked like the Arcology on Titan, but then the portal closed and he was gone.

Sienna whipped around to glare at Poppy. "Now look what you did!" The Warlock's gaze dropped to the floor, regret overtaking her anger. "I didn't know he was there..."

"Doesn't change or excuse what just happened, or what you said. Now, you gonna tell Eris, or should I?" Poppy shook her head. "I'll do it, it was my fault." She pulled out her Ghost, Sonni, who answered her unspoken question. "She's already back on the Moon. Do you even know where he's gone?"

"Yeah, actually. He's somewhere on Titan, probably in the Hive-controlled regions. There's plenty of nooks and crannies there."

"Alright then. Sonni, prep the ship. And... see if you can contact Eris."

Sonni nodded and disappeared again. Poppy turned back to Sienna, who simply nodded.

"Meet you in the Hangar."