"So you came." Carter diverts his attention to me his gray-blue eyes stealing my attention.

"I was almost not going to because of homework," I explain toying with the hem of the bottom of my sleeves.

"Of course, do you ever take a break from school?" Carter jokes laughing shifting his bag over his shoulder to his other hand.

"No, if I did that then I'd end up regretting all my life choices." I joke even though it's mostly true. My eyes move to the beanie on his head. It looks like it's standing upright on his head like it's not on all the way. It's bothering me. I want to pull it down so it's actually on his head. I remove my eyes from his beanie to stop thinking about it.

"You know, I know I look good you don't have to stare." His lips quirk up into a cocky smirk.

See I didn't even say anything and his head is already looking too big to fit on his shoulders.

"Your beanie," I scoff correcting him.

"What?"

"Your beanie, fix it like put it on it's bothering." I quickly let out.

"It is on." He laughs

"No it's not it's literally sitting on top of your head it's going to fall off."

"Okay wait is this better." He pulls the beanies off the top of his head strands of his dirty blonde hair lifting and then falling.

"Yes much better." I laugh. He lifts his other unoccupied hand to his forehead pushing back the few strands that had fallen. His hair isn't styled like other guys where it's gelled to perfection. Or parted in the middle like one of the frat boys. His hair has this natural blown in the wind kind of tousled look. My hands itch to touch his hair like before.

I'm about to say something else when Liam turns to Carter. "Alright I'm going to go home and change before I go to the party are you coming, Carter?"

Carter turns to me and then shifts his vision over to L and Tate. "Nah not tonight." He tells Liam. "You guys don't mind if I join you tonight?" He asks me, Tate, and L this time. Huh, that's new.

"Yes, we do mind," L says blandly. "Nah I'm just kidding of course we don't!" I don't know how often they hang out but they seem to hang out enough to be close.

We all say bye to Liam before he exits the arena. "Do you wanna change and then meet us where we're gonna eat at?" Tate asks him.

"Yeah sure."

"Okay, I'll text you the place when we find it." L says while we all walk out together.

We get into L's car since she drove us here. "Okay, what should we eat?" L asks us.

"I don't know about you guys but I could really go for some Mexican food," Tate says with her eyes on her phone.

"Ooh let's go to that place Elm and High St." L suggests referring to this amazing family-owned restaurant.

"Yes definitely." I agree. L turns on her car and pulls out of the parking spot

"Okay, grab my phone and text Carter the place."

***

Carter walks into the restaurant with his keys in his hands. His attire changed from his suit to normal blue jeans and a black sweater taut against his chest and arms. L lifts her hand into the air to let him know we're over in the corner. His eyes dart to L and begins to walk towards us. He slides into the booth next to me since L is next to Tate.