Chapter Two.

Chapter Two.

It was eleven o'clock in the evening by the time Alena went to bed, after walking through the door her parents had bombarded her with questions about Daniel and she had told them the truth how she had bumped into him at school and then because of it missed her bus and when she was walking home he had seen her and kindly offered her a lift and because it was raining she accepted his offer, she had emphasized how they had only jut meet and that nothing was going on between them, he was her friend but she didn't know if it was too soon to call him that after all they had only spoken a few times.

She finally stood from her desk and stretched, after dinning with her parents she had gone upstairs to do some homework and only just finished, she walked over to her window and closed the curtains but not before scanning the forest line outside her house, it was her nightly routine as the forest honestly creeped her out, it was so dark and scary as well as the fact that you had no idea what was inside it, on this particular night she felt like she was being watched as she hurriedly shut her curtains and climbed in to her bed but not before turning her lamp off, she was exhausted and with her head hitting the pillow she felt herself drift into a blissful sleep.

Alena had woken up late in the morning as she hurriedly got changed and ran down stairs while grabbing a piece of toast off of the counter, her dad had left for work already and her mum was pottering around the kitchen tidying here and there as she laughed at her.

"Sleep in?" Her mum teased her as Alena shoot her a playful glare, her mum had left her red hair down today as it feel down her back in soft waves. Alena looked a lot like her mum as they shared the same wavy hair that often feel in curls down their backs, she had her mum's womanly figure but neither of her parents height standing five foot one tall with hands and feet the size of a child's, she shared her bright blue eyes with both her parents.

"You might have to drive me; I'll probably miss the bus." She said as she suppressed a groan, she hated being late and the suspicion it caused with all her teachers at school, she had only been late a few time but they had resulted in a phone call home and a letter that needed to be signed the teachers of those lessons that she had missed the registration for.

"I don't think that'll be needed." Her mum said with a smile as she began to shove her out of the room with her hands, her mum passed her her bag and threw her coat in the same direction where it fell to the floor. The sound of a car horn beeping twice from outside had Alena frowning and her mum mirroring her frown they both headed into the living room to look out the window and Alena spotted the familiar red car that she knew belonged to none other than Daniel, her frowned deepened as her mum excitedly clapped her hands no doubt thinking the worst of this current situation with Daniel turning up, maybe he was here to pick up one of his friends she thought but it instantly disappeared because there was not another house for a few miles.

"Hurry. You don't want to keep him waiting." Her mum said helping her with coat.

"I don't think he's here for me." she insisted as she slowly put on her shoes in no hurry to embarrass herself by walking up to his car and getting in only to find out he wasn't there for her.

"Of course he is," Her mum replied in a no-nonsense tone that left no room for an argument as she opened the door and pushed her out. "Have a good day at school." She called before the door was slammed in her face leaving her standing on the door step dumbfounded. Alena slowly turned on her heals and headed down the stairs that lead onto her gravelled driveway, concentrating incredibly hard on moving her feet one in front of the other, left, right, left, she began to chant in her head praying she wouldn't trip over her feet as she headed towards the end of her drive, maybe she could just walk past without being noticed, her brain was working overtime that she hadn't heard Daniel calling her name or that he had gotten out of his car until she slammed into his cheat, stumbling backward and tripping over her feet before she could fall backwards and land on her bum two large hands grabbed her waist and pulled her upright, her hips felt warmer where his hands touched the fabric of her shirt, the heat he provided burning through the thin material and on to her skin.