Chapter 11

Thankfully classes that day were relatively easy, he didn't really think he was up for any complicated thinking. He already had enough of that when it came to what happened last night (this morning?) with Draco and of course he still had yet to figure out the next task.

Almost immediately after classes, Hayden rushed over to his mother's classroom, hoping that he hadn't given another student detention.

Hayden breathed a sigh of relief when he saw his mother grading papers in the empty classroom.

"Mum, could I talk with you?" Hayden asked, closing the heavy door behind him.

"Of course. What do you need?" Sev responded, putting his papers away so he could focus on his son.

Hayden took a moment to calm himself. A couple deep breaths later, he expressed his new revelation.

"I think I found my mate"

---

Severus was shocked. They had talked about this subject not too long ago and already his son had found his forever mate?

Without sparing a minute, Severus was up and dragging a confused Hayden out of the classroom and to his private room.

"I want to know everything! Who is it? What house are they in? Are they from Hogwarts or from a visiting school? How did you two meet?" Sev asked rapidly with a giddy smile on his face.

"Well, um, I found out last night, right after getting back to my dorm" Hayden started out shyly. "It's Draco" the boy smiled.

"Wasn't he the one you've been crushing on and the reason you were having a 'crisis' on my couch?" Sev asked as he smirked. A blush covered the poor boy's face as he stared down at the floor in embarrassment and nodded.

Hayden relayed almost the entire night to his mother, all except for the part where he almost kissed Draco. Severus was so happy and proud for his son!

He knew that his son's life was practically hell when he was still Harry Potter. He wonders briefly how Malfoy will react if and when Hayden ever decides to tell him this truth.

"Hayden, I am so happy for you!" Sev said as he hugged his son, After a moment, though, he let go and began to speak again.

"Now then, there are some things we need to discuss about your new situation"

"Wait, why?" Hayden asked, confusion etching over his features.

"Malfoy is a Veela, correct? Well, Phoenix's and Veela have different courting methods and in this situation there are two ways this can go" Sev started to explain.

"The first is why lends itself more towards Veela tradition where the dominant, in this case Draco, will feel the need to prove themselves to their mate by providing and caring for their mate. They will try to show this by making sure no harm comes to their mate and they will tend to shower them with gifts they think will please the other. It's quite sweet when you think about it, of course Veela can be a bit overbearing, but it's the thought that counts I suppose"

Hayden nodded at the information. He figured it made sense though, he was also pretty sure that some of this was already happening with how Draco reacted to him being in the Tournament. He stayed silent as he listened to Sev continue.

"Phoenix are similar in a way, but not closely. When we are courting, we tend to be rather physical, not so much in any sexual way but rather for comfort purposes. For Phoenix's, the submissive has more of a role, instead of just letting the dominant care for us, we tend to make them work for it. Phoenix's are strong willed creatures and we know what we want when we want it." Hayden laughed at this. He wondered how Draco would react to all this.