Chapter 4

A couple days later, it is finally time for Hayden to meet his father's Deatheaters and Hayden has been trying to pick out the perfect outfit for over an hour now with no success.

A knock sounded from the door before Severus popped his head in.

"Are you ready Hayden? They will all be here in about half an hour." Severus asked the boy.

"No, I'm not ready, I really want to make a good impression, but I have no idea what to wear!" Hayden cried as rummaged through his wardrobe.

"What if they decide they don't like me?" He said, just about ready to give up. Severus walked into the room and sat down on Haydens bed, gesturing for Hayden to sit next to him.

"I am sure they will love you. And if they have any problems at all with you, they will have to answer to me and your father!" Hayden gave a small smile at that.

"Now", his mother said, standing up, "How about you wear...this" Severus handed a dress to Hayden.

"It's perfect, mother thank you!" Hayden excitedly grabbed the dress and went to put it on as after his mother left the room

Hayden's favorite part of the outfit was the sleeves, he thought it looked regal. He was also really happy that the dress had a back to it. He didn't feel quite comfortable in an outfit that was backless.

Maybe one day he would be more comfortable in these types of dresses, but because of his scars, he just didn't want the added attention they were sure to bring.

Once he was done fixing his hair into a short french braid, he waited for his father to bring him down to the meeting.

After a little while, his father came to get him.

"Come with me," Tom said and led him to the doors of his study. "Are you ready to come in?"

Hayden nodded his head. Tom gave a slight grin and handed Hayden a mask.

"What's this for?" Hayden asked, taking the mask from his father.

"For a sense of safety or even anonymity. You don't have to wear it if you don't want to, but it's here if you need it" Tom explained.

"Thank you" Hayden smiled as he situated the mask onto his face.