Chapter 6

Soon enough, Hayden was packing up to go back to Hogwarts.

He hadn't told his parents what had happened at the Malfoy Manor. He hadn't told anyone in fact, he only told Hedwig, who had blessedly followed him from the Durselys.

Once he had finished packing all his clothes and school supplies, he strapped his trunk and made his way down to the dining hall for dinner.

During dinner, the small family discussed what the upcoming year of Hogwarts would look like for Hayden.

Hayden would be sorted during the Sorting Ceremony under the guise that he had been home school up until now.

Instead of being Hayden Riddle-Snape, he would just be Hayden Snape and if anyone asked (which would be bound to happen) he is Snape's nephew.

After arranging other details for the upcoming school year, Hayden finally went back up stairs to get ready for bed. Tomorrow he would be waking up early and apperating to Kings Cross with Snape.

He fell asleep that night to the gentle sound of the wind blowing outside and thoughts of silver eyes and platinum hair.

---

Hayden sat down in his compartment after putting up his trunk. He didn't really want anyone to barge into his area so he made sure to to close all the blinds. He left the door unlocked though in case Sev needed to find him. But that was unlikely seeing as he was all the way at the front of the train with the few other teachers who rode the express to school.

The train suddenly jerked forward, signaling the start of the journey to Hogwarts.

In a way, Hayden was and was not looking forward to going to school, all at the same time.

He was looking forward to learning again, something not many people would agree with. Maybe Hermione, but he didn't really care. And that was what he wasn't looking forward to. Seeing people, especially the idiots in Gryffindor and Slytherin.

He guessed that some of them were okay, like the twins, Luna and Neville. They're cool, but everyone else can just mind their own business.

He laid down the length of the seat, his back up against the wall of the coach, and fell into a light doze. Unfortunately his peace seemed to only last for a couple minutes as he could soon hear voices outside of his compartment.

He sighed, resigning himself to the situation. I guess i'm not gonna be taking a nap.

Suddenly the door to his compartment burst open and to loud Gryffindors walked in.

"Honestly Ron, it's fine!" Granger said before turning to Hayden, who still laid lounging on the seat.

"I'm Hermione Granger, it's nice to meet you. We heard rumors that a new fourth year was on board and we wanted to meet you before you got sorted" the bushy haired girl greeted. She smiled at Hayden, who only raised an eyebrow in slight annoyment, before elbowing Weasley who stood a bit behind her.

"Oh uh, hey. I'm Ron, Ron Weasley. Who are you?" the redhead asked, sounding like he just wanted to find the sweets cart.

Hayden stared at the two for a second, wondering if he should be civil or if he should just ignore the two. What harm is there in introducing himself.

"Hayden Snape" He said before leaning back against the wall and closing his eyes. Unfortunately the two did not get the hint.

"So what school are you transferring from?" Granger asked, curious wonder filling her tone.