ten

Clairos pov

.

.

.

Both of us left the room with the majority of people dancing. I checked I still had my phone on me which I did.

I felt a little embarrassed about what just happened and as we left we didn't talk I think we were both cringing on the inside. In the pit of my stomach, I felt a little weird, I hope I didn't make her uncomfortable. Because that for sure was one of the most awkward things to happen to me ever.

"I- uh to think they are over here" she led me to the voice that was still whining her name. Who could it have been?

It was coming from a more spaced out room. The music was a lot quieter in here and the lights weren't flashing colours everything was just a lot calmer. Only 5-6 people must have been in this room. It was filled with empty cans and dirty plates.

"Oh moon there you are!" I located the voice to the person it was May. What did she want now. I could feel my blood boil just looking at her. She went and ruined that moment with us and that made me even more angry. But I know that Moon would be a little to polite and shy to stand up for herself against her. Thing is Moon would often say whatever made people happy even if it was a lie. So that's why I hope I didn't make her uncomfortable a minute ago, because eventhough she said she was ok, she might not have been. I sighed at my own stupidity.

"Oh... May what do you want?" She asked a little feistyness in her voice which surprised me.

May held a glass in her hand almost full to the brim of a red liquid. Looked like wine which felt a bit weird since I didn't know that she drank but I thought nothing more of it.

"Well Moomin, I wanted to give you a present." She said looking very smug.

"Uh, that's unlike you May what's this for... Also can you please not call me that-" Moon pointed out shyly

"Yeah yeah Moomin whatever, I thought I would give you this gift as a way of saying sorry for screwing up your work." I squinted my eyes taken back as what I just heard. She wanted to repay her?? I don't think a small gift could really make it up but I mean, at least she was apologising right? I thought to myself. However her voice did seem a little too mischievous and sly for my liking.

"Oh uh thanks I guess??" Moon said just as confused as I was.

"I bet you're wondering what it is." May smirked

"Yeah I am actually"

"Well it's in my right hand..." She grinned

"What a full glass of wine, well thanks but I don't drink." Moon replied and in this split second I knew exactly what was going to happen.

"Don't you da-" I began before it already happened and a huge red mess was spilled all over the front of Moons dress.

I released a big breath from inside me which I didn't realise I had held.
Moon stared down at the front of her dress completely spoiled with a deep red stain. Her mouth was wide and her eyes aswell.

"M-may what the fuck!?" She yelled in retaliation.

I sighed, this is not at all how I wanted the day to go.

"May this is the last straw. I've known you for less than 24 hours and you fail me from my class, ruin my dress and quite frankly ruin my whole night so fuck you." Moon yelled getting all up in Mays face. I don't think I'd ever seen her this angry before. I hated seeing her like this, but it also made me realise that she was more than a shy little girl. And strangely made me feel empowered.