seven

And that's why I chose this photo to analyse.

I completed writing my essay in my own lunch time. I sat on a small bench inside the canteen alone as Ezra was ill today. My hand cramped as I had been writing for the last hour or so, but knowing my essay was done meant I could rest easy.

"Phew thank god that's over" I sighed, staring down proudly at my completed product.

"Oi. Moon!!" All of a sudden I heard a high pitch voice far behind me call my name.

"What?" I mumbled quietly in return as I flicked my head around suddenly to see who was calling me.

"Moon don't leave!" Three girls came stumbling up to me. One in the middle was a brunette with glasses, I think her name was May. She was quite popular (unlike me) she had many friends and although she seemed nice enough, I'd never properly spoken to her before.

"H-hey? May what's up? I wasn't going anywhere" I laughed out.

"Well I just wanted to ask you something Moon" she said panting still, yet slightly snobbishly.

"Well ask away" I said confidently.

"We've heard a rumor that you met Clairo or something. Like... I follow her on Instagram and I saw you on her story. What did you do pay for her meet and greet or something?!" They laughed yet tried to sound polite. Her two fellow minions looked proud of themselves as they laughed along with her not so witty comments.

"Well yes... You would be right I am her friend." I snapped a little confused. Why were they laughing?

"And no I didn't pay for her 'meet and greet' she and I met In a coffee shop." I said bluntly, using air quotes with my fingers.

"Really now?" She said raising her tone.

"So.... Could you take me next time you know, you are like my friend and all." She said proudly pretending to be nervous and fiddling with her frays of her jumper.

"Uh- uhm." I stuttered out. These girls had never talked to me before. Now that I was friends with someone "famous" they were all over me..

"You know what no. Sorry. I don't think I could just invite you I barely know you." I said for once standing my ground. It felt good. However I didn't want to come across as aggressive, I just tried to be soft when I spoke.

May looked at me and stood up, shocked. Her eyes widened. It's as if nobody had ever told her no before. The two girls by her side looked at eachother with confusion in their eyes.

"W-what... Y- you know what! Why would I want to go with you anyways. I'm only in it for-" she was cut off by my phone buzzing aggressively as it vibrated on the table. It shook the pages of my book with each buzz.

Awkwardly I peered over to it, leaning over the table ledge. Clairos contact lit up on the screen. Once before I felt the butterflies in my stomach, however it only lasted a split second because I remembered that May and her asshole friends were still stuck to my side.

"No go on. Pick it up." She said furiously crossing her arms and pointing her chin up slightly.

Slowly, I reached down to grab my phone and picked up and put ths call on speaker.

"Hey Claire I'm in school right now what's up?" I asked.

"Oh hey Moomin" I smiled at the sound of her voice. Whenever people called me that name especially I felt very happy. But looking at the stern expressions on Mays face made me snap out of it yet again.

"I just wanted to ask if you could meet up soon, I miss hanging out with you." I suppressed the heat rising to my cheeks in order to stay calm.

"Yeah I'd love you- I mean too. We were hanging out yesterday it hasn't been that long" I chuckled in awkward laugher, staring at the girls Infront of me.