nineteen

Moons pov.

.

.

.

"Okay sit down and close your eyes on the sofa" Claire directed me to the couch and sat me down.

"Wait why" I sniffled, I felt chirpier getting things off my mind, but of course I was still a little upset.

"You'll see" she murmured.

I sat on the sofa with my legs crossed and my hands over my eyes. I was so tempted to peek from time to time to see what Claire was up to, but I didn't. I could hear her footsteps from the kitchen and back to the living room.

"What on earth are you doing" I chuckled and sniffled.

"Just don't peek"

"I'm not!" I called back at her.

I heard a bit of rustling and a few clanks before I got impatient.

"Ugh you're taking too long, can I look now"

"One minute youre so impatient" Claire laughed in a more positive tone than usual. I could tell it was because she wanted to cheer me up.

"Okay open your eyes!"

Slowly I peeked my eyes from behind my fingers and lowered my hands from my face. On the table was a small white bunny plushie and some chocolates.

Glancing from the presents to Clairo and back again, I gave her a confused but happy look.

"What's this for?" I chuckled.

"Well I was going to give you these tomorrow because it would be our one month anniversary, but since all this happened, I thought it would be best to give it to you now." She scratched the back of her neck as if she was a little shy about it. I felt my cheeks begin to go red.

"Oh no, you didn't have to give me anything!" I insisted

"It's fine I wanted to" she laughed.

"I'm sorry I haven't got you anything yet, I'll get you something tomorrow yeah?" I asked feeling a little guilty.

"No don't it's okay, you're going through a lot and I get that... Plus I prefer giving presents rather than recieving." She smiled and then sat next to me in the couch. Resting her hand on my upper thigh.

"Oh my god the bunny is so cute." I leaned forward and held the soft material in my hands feeling it brush over my fingertips.

"What shall I call him?" I glanced up at Claire who looked down at me lovingly.

"Up to you, he's yours after all" I blushed and tried to think of something creative but nothing came to mind...

"I'm going to call him frog." I said proudly but giggling a little.

"Frog... You're calling a bunny frog" Claire laughed snatching the plush from my grasp.

"Hey you said it was up to me, so I called him whatever I wanted." I said in protest grabbing the plush back from Claire and popping it to my side.

"I'm sorry, it's a beautiful name" Claire laugh sarcastically. I pouted and crossed my arms and laughed.

"Cmon let's go do something."

*

"What on earth are you doing?!" I asked laughing. At this point I was so overwhelmed with the gifts that I completely forgot about my dad.

"I'm playing some music..." Claire rushed upstairs to my room as fast as she could, her feet quickly pattering up the stairs as she went.

After s minute or two I heard her running back down with a Bluetooth speaker and her phone in her hand. Quickly, I shot my head around watching her panic to connect her phone as fast as she could as she placed the speaker in the coffee table near me.