Crowley rolled his eyes, "Anyway, you're the one who wants to take her to the beach for her birthday. With her wings out!" The angel opened his mouth to speak but Crowley was already interrupting. "Her wings are black, angel. You can't just be seen around her like that. That's dangerous."

Aziraphale huffed and looked over to Apopis' room pointedly, "Well her molt should be coming along soon, we can go after then."

Crowley scoffed, "You don't know that. Molt's for the two of us get rarer as we age. When was the last time you molted?"

"Probably about a century ago." the angel muttered. He shook his head, "But she isn't like us, she's... different."

The demon shrugged, "She's some kind of combination of holy and unholy. And right now she's more prominently unholy, at least physically. Let me take her to the beach."

"But what if she walks on water again?"

"I can swim, angel. It'll be fine."

"Okay." Aziraphale relented, relaxing his shoulders, "okay. I think that will be good for her."

Crowley just nodded, "Yeah, a nice birthday celebration, the beach."

There was a silence between the pair for a moment before a pair of padded footsteps of a small child broke through. "Az?" Apopis came around the corner a bit shyly, book in hand, "red to me?"

Aziraphale was on his feet in an instant, "Of course love. Are you ready for bed already?"

Poppy nodded drowsily, leading the angel back to her room. Apopis had been staying at Crowley's flat for the past weeks since Aziraphale was nervous of Gabriel showing up again. Crowley wouldn't admit that she had been quite a handful to wrangle into bed without the angel's help. He was just thankful now that they were finally back together under the same roof so they could be back in the groove of it all.

"You coming dear?" Aziraphale called behind him to Crowley.

The demon nodded and followed the pair to the room. He collapsed on the Poppy's bed as Aziraphale prepared her for bed with some god awful tartan pajamas. Crowley fought down the urge to miracle them into something more acceptable and sat on the bed patiently. Not a moment later Apopis was crawling up next to him, wings tucked tight to her body as she snuggled up into his chest.

Crowley's heart swooped and he affectionately started to comb his fingers through her hair that was getting longer by the day. Aziraphale sat at the edge of the bed, book in hand and started to read.

Apopis relaxed into Crowley as he started to braid her strawberry blonde curls loosely. The demon also found it quite relaxing to be in this position and soon enough him and Apopis were drifting off to sleep. The angel's voice faded out and the lights dimmed. Distantly the faint rustle of a blanket being tucked around them could be heard but the two sleeping beings were too far gone to care.

The demon awoke to Poppy laughing joyously from somewhere in the house. He did not recognize where he was and just sat up blinking at the room for a solid minute. Apopis' room, he was in Apopis' room. Crowley groaned, rubbing a hand over his face. Had he fallen asleep here last night?

He moved to get out of bed when he noticed that the tartan blanket was tucked around him. He rolled his eyes, one of the other two people in this household had the audacity to try and tuck him last night. That was embarrassing. Well, at least he could finally take it back to his room... where it belonged. Aziraphale didn't gift it to Apopis, he gifted it to him.

He delicately folded the blanket and snapped it to his room. With a yawn he stood and stretched, wondering how Aziraphale had managed to keep Apopis out without her waking him. He didn't bother with any miracles to touch up his appearance and opened the door. On the outside there was a piece of paper that said 'kep ot! Dee slep!' in childish writing and Crowley's heart definitely did not swell at the sentiment.