Chapter One

~The Mysterious Beauty~

    The empty sky welcomed the bright shining sun as if it was trying to make up for the nasty storm it made yesterday. The waves calmly rolled up on the beach that was littered with fallen branches of all sizes and trash. There, picking up the mess, was a girl with a cheerful smile.

With a bag dangling from her arm, Bubbles was picking up anything that looked like an obstacle to anyone who wanted to use the beach. She was by herself today; her sisters, Buttercup, and Blossom, were busy with school activities to help her. She didn't mind, though, for she loved the calming scenery of the ocean on a Friday afternoon.

Because there wasn't any trouble happening in C.N. City, her homework was all done, and that the animal shelter was closed, Bubbles figured she could clean up the beach. The eighteen-year-old had nothing else to do anyway.

'Must've been a pretty bad storm last night. I hope nobody was hurt,' Bubbles thought to herself, seeing a fallen tree not too far away. A chill ran down her back when she remembered the harsh thunder and blinding lighting she heard last night. The blonde yawned, then got back to picking up branches.

Then, she stopped, seeing something strange in the corner of her eye. Bubbles whirled around with her fist clenched and her body floating off the ground, ready to fight. But what her eyes landed was no threat; it was a girl laying on the sand.

'Oh my gosh!' Bubbles thought, her heart jumping with panic. Dropping the bag, she zoomed over to the girl who looked around her age, then kneeled down next to her, putting her head in her lap. She gently turned her over and moved a soft strand of (h/c) hair out of her face. Once she did, her blue eyes widened.

There were cuts all over her face and body. Her drenched clothes were terribly ripped, exposing her stomach and most of her legs. Her wrists were bruised while her shoeless feet looked as if she was running across a room filled with needles.

Bubbles' arms were shaking. 'Who would do something like this?' she thought, putting her pale fingers on her neck. The soft thumping beat against her fingertips and she let out a relieved breath. This girl was alive, so something must have knocked her out. Bubbles looked out at the ocean, seeing nothing but water. 'And where did she come from?' Bubbles gazed back down at the girl, who was peacefully letting out gentle breaths. Her lips were closed and almost appeared as a smile. The blonde cocked her head to the side, getting a better look at her.

The sunlight made her (s/c) skin glow perfectly. Even with Bubbles' fingertips barely touching it, it was softer than a baby birds' feather. Her hair, which was the most undamaged part of her body, was a heavenly color and was even better to touch.

Her heart pounded against her chest rapidly. Who would hurt someone so beautiful? A small yet strange feeling of anger rose within her as she took one last look at the cuts on her body. Clearly, this girl was trying to get away from something. Or, perhaps, someone.
She pulled out her phone from her pocket and dialed the first number that came in her mind.

"Hello? Bubbles?" her sister, Blossom, said through the phone.

"Blossom! I found a girl on the beach and she's really hurt. I need an ambulance!" Bubbles cried.

"Oh! Hold on, I'm bringing help right away!" Blossom said, and the phone went silent. Bubbles steadied her breath, then looked down.
    She didn't notice, but the more she stared at the attractive stranger, the more her cheeks heated up. A smile reached her lips, even when wondering how and why she ended up here. "Don't worry, we're gonna get you help soon," she said, stroking the girls' delicate cheek with her thumb.

Everything was dark. She could only hear the sound of the waves and the occasional seagulls squawking. She felt the water wash over her sore body while rocking her back and forth.

How long has she been here? What happened? More importantly, why couldn't she remember being here?
Before she knew it, the rocking had stopped, and she arrived on what felt like a sandy shore. The millions of tiny rocks burned her arms. She wanted to move for relief, but her energy was drained. 'Help me,' her mind whispered. Then, her prayers were answered when she felt a pair of hands put her head in someone's lap.

In spite of the calming sound of the ocean waves, questions continued to race through her mind like a swarm of angry bees.

'Where am I?

What happened?

How did I end up here?

Who am I?'

"...(Y/n)..."

A deep, eerie voice caused her eyes to flash open.

The girl shot up from the stranger's lap and whirled her head around. First, there was water, then sand that was covered in fallen branches, people's belongings, and one fallen tree. The girl's eyes caught onto a person's leg right beside her and she turned around to see a pair of bewildered blue eyes.

Bubbles froze in place when the stranger suddenly jolted from her lap. The frightened girl quickly glanced around, then looked back at her with...weirdly hypnotic, yet gorgeous (e/c) eyes. Bubbles felt her face heat up even more, then shook her head. This girl must be so confused. She couldn't be thinking about stuff like this now!

The girl felt herself shaking at the sight of another girl she didn't recognize. She opened her mouth to say "Who are you?" but nothing came out.

"Hey, it's okay," Bubbles said in a soothing voice. She put on a tender smile in hopes of calming the girl down. Which worked, because the girl slowly, but not completely, stopped shaking.

"What's your name?" the blonde girl asked. The girl looked down at her ripped clothes, injured (s/c) skin, and (h/l) (h/c) hair. Even scanning herself didn't bring a clue of what her name was. Her heart jumped with panic, and she started to breathe rapidly until the peculiar voice muttered in her mind.

"...(Y/n)..."

(Y/n)? The name gave her a faint feeling of nostalgia, even though only voices she thought she never heard before only said it. "(Y-Y/n)," she repeated, unsure of what else to say. "I think my name is (Y/n)."

(Y/n). Bubbles thought of the name a few times, feeling more unusual happiness bloom from within. (Y/n). Her name was as beautiful as her. "Nice to meet you, (Y/n)! My name is Bubbles," she greeted. "My sisters are coming here with medical help. How do you feel?"

(Y/n) didn't notice how much her head hurt until Bubbles said anything. The cuts and bruises were sore and felt that it had been a few days when they were first made.

Wait a second. How were they made?
"Um," (Y/n) started, "What happened to me?" She tried to recall anything that happened before appearing on this beach, but nothing popped in her mind.