Chapter Twelve

Answer is....

Strip poker!

If you have read (or watched?) To Kill a Mockingbird, you will understand where this is coming from.

Okay, moving on!

~~~

Silvia parries my strike. "Too slow!" she says. "Move your feet!"

I block her next uppercut and aim a punch towards her stomach. "I am!" I pant. "Fighting against you is always hard!"

She sighs and yawns as she easily twists the sword in my hand and makes it fall out. "Row, you are seriously out of practice."

Xavier cracks up as I try to catch my breath. "Rowan, you suck!"

I glare at him as I wipe the sweat off my upper lip. "Shut up! As if you could do better!"

"Wanna try?"

"Nope."

He chuckles. "Such a wimp."

Silvia laughs with him. "Rowan, I live your robot. He's better than all my friends that are living."

"I like you better than Rowan too," Xavier adds. "Wish it was you that opened my box."

My chest tightens and I clutch it tightly.

"I never knew you disliked me that much," I say, a hint of anger in my voice. "Why don't you get Silvia as a master then?"

He frowns but then looks shocked. "Rowan, I didn't--" he reached for me but I move away.

I grab my hat and glasses and begin to walk inside. Once I'm at the door, I turn and tell Silvia, "I'm done. Thanks for that."

I walk inside.

Why does my heart hurt so much, so much more than it should be?

I hate it.

It hurts.

I feel helpless.

~~~

I wake up to darkness.

Black, black and black.

I throw off the covers and sit up. My hat flutters down into my lap.

...Who put my hat on my face when I was asleep?

Only Sebastian did that for me.

I look up and find Xavier charging in his box. His hoodie was off, showing a gray crisscrossed shirt over snow white skin. A wire connects from a little box in his hands to his neck.

His eyes are closed and he's breathing deeply.

As if he's sleeping.

I put on m glasses and get up.

Did I have any other friends than Silvia and Alicia?

I need to get a life.

-

Thx for reading!

Next chap will b a little emotional? In my opinion anyway

Enjoy!

Aryniss