TWENTY-FIFTH CHAPTER

Four votes must be a record for this story, lol. Anyway, I feel like you're all done with the story and this story somehow never comes off easily, so I'm going to finish things up and end it. I think there will two or maybe three more chapters. Anyway, for who still likes the story; have fun reading. (: 

. . .

Emily knew all too well she shouldn't interfere with her husband's business. Yet, she was pacing up and down the garden now. It had been years since she had seen Juanita Reyes, but the girl she had just seen being shoved into a small room really did look a lot like her. What if it was true? What if she was really Ezekiel's long lost sister? Then she couldn't do nothing, right? She knew how much her disappearance had hurt him. Grabbing her phone, she scrolled through the contacts. Doubting. She opened a text. Sighing, she stared at the blinking cursor.

She expected Miguel to be home within two hours. They wouldn't have much time if they wanted to do something. She didn't want to assume the worst, but since the cartel left three burnt bodies on the streets, it was hard to stay positive. She couldn't bear the thought that they would do that to Juanita as well. Biting her lip, she made a decision and pressed the green button.

The phone rang four times. Then, Ezekiel picked up.

"Emily?" His voice sounded alarmed.

"Hey," she said softly, oppressing the urge to look around to see if there was someone close. That would only make her look more suspicious. "Nestor brought a girl who looks a lot like Juanita. And it didn't look like they were just going to have a beer, if you know what I mean. I know it sounds crazy since she's gone for so long but... I'm worried. Especially after what the cartel did last week."

"I saw her a few days ago as well." Ezekiel's voice sounded tense. "I'll inform Angel. Thanks, Emily."

"I expect Miguel to be home in two hours," she added hesitantly.

Then, she quickly ended the call. Before she would say things that would cause her even more trouble.

. . .

Coco couldn't sit still. He was trying, he really was. But every time he was sitting for like ten seconds, he stood up and started to pace around the trailer again. Juanita's plan had turned into a nightmare. EZ had just entered the clubhouse, telling Angel and him what his ex told him that Juanita was in Galindo's home and that Nestor didn't seem too happy about it.

"That stupid girl," he snapped. "Esa estúpida, estúpida chica!"

And he was even more stupid. He let her go.

Fear held his heart like an icy hand, freezing it slowly so it could scatter at the tiniest movement.

"Focus," Angel said. "Focus, okay? We got two hours to get her away from that place. Without the club's back-up."

Coco grumbled. He hated doing things behind the club's back. He already did so with the rebels, that was more than enough. But Angel was right. When the club showed disloyalty to the cartel, the cartel would crush the whole club.

"When Bishop starts to ask questions, I'll tell him it's a family thing I need your help for." Angel looked him in the eye. "Which means the three of us need to go. Miguel has probably taken the biggest part of his security with, but he'll have left behind a good amount to protect his wife too."

Coco sighed. Three of them against at least ten security guards. This was going to be a hell of a party.

"Emily needs to get us inside."

EZ stared at him. "But if she gets caught..."

"If she doesn't do it, your sister's dead!" Coco snapped.

The prospect flinched a little. "Fine," he sighed. "I'll ask her to leave the compound to do the groceries or something. Then we will overrun her, take the key and slip inside." He looked from Coco to his brother and back. "But we'll need one more man."

"Gilly," Coco decided. They could trust Gilly, he was also involved with the rebels. Maybe he could take care of Emily's guard.

He glanced at the clock. Time went by way too fast.

"We gotta go."