XXVI. Back To Square One

Start from the beginning

"Of course, love," Klaus replied and Faith could almost hear the smirk on his face.

She hung up and threw the phone at Stefan, who caught it. "He bought it. He's coming back."

• • • •

"Huh?" Damon said as he entered the study room to see Faith sitting, comfortably on the couch with a glass of bourbon in hand. "You're not going to the dance?"

Faith took a drink of bourbon and looked at the vampire with a deadpan expression. "I'm sad and depressed, remember? I think I get to be sad and depressed after my sociopathic mother abused me for the last time, almost killed me, and finding out she was the one who killed my father, Damon."

"Sure," the raven-haired vampire shrugged as he served himself a glass of blood. "As long as you don't cause a problem in our plan to kill Klaus."

"He has Elijah," Faith said. "I like him more than Klaus."

"Did my daughter go to the dance?" Mikael interrupted as he entered the room.

"Yep," Damon answered to which Faith narrowed her eyes. She's been inside the Salvatore Boarding House all day and hasn't seen Rebekah leave the house. "You missed the photo op. Did you get the stake?"

"I did," Mikael said as he walked further inside the room, in front of Damon.

"I'm not gonna take your word for it," Damon retorted. "No offense to your honor and all."

"None taken," Mikael pulled a carved wooden stake from inside his suit jacket.

"Fancy. May I?" Damon reached out his hand toward the weapon.

Mikeal moved the stake away from him. "It's the only weapon on this earth that can kill an original, so I think I'll hold onto it. No offense."

"Clearly, you hold a grudge," Faith commented as she finished her glass of bourbon.

Mikeal turned his attention to the siphoner with a strained smile. "You're the Everly witch, correct? Your ancestors were more polite than you."

Faith raised her eyebrow at the threat and scoffed. "What are you going to do? Hurt me? Kill me? I'm the only living descendant of the Everly family and you don't exactly scare me."

"Seems like your mother didn't teach you any manners," Mikael countered.

Faith smiled, amused. "No, she didn't. She was too busy beating me to death to do that, but I'm sure you know how it is for a parent to abuse their own child." With that said, Faith stood up from the couch as Stefan entered the room in a slight panic.

• • • •

Faith pulled the navy blue blanket closer to her body as a breeze blew past her. She studied the old witch house skeptically, where one hundred Bennett witches were burned alive. Everly and Bennett witches never got along. Everly witches always protected vampires, especially the Originals whereas the Bennett witches did their best to get the vampires to die.

"Have I ever told you the Everly's and Bennett's never got along?" Faith called out toward Stefan, who was inside the building with the four caskets.

"Only like a hundred times," Stefan said, sarcastically. He looked back to see Faith with a scowl on her face and rolled his eyes at the siphoner.

"They're not going to hurt you," he reassured her. "As long as you're willing to get back at Klaus."

"I mean, I am," Faith shrugged as she cautiously stepped inside the house. She stiffened slightly for a second, but when nothing happened she rushed toward the vampire. "I wasn't planning on betraying him, but I'll do anything to get Elijah back."

"We're not undaggering them, Faith," Stefan ordered.

"I know," Faith opened a casket where Elijah laid. "I just need someone to talk to and since Elena decided to literally stab Rebekah in the back, I wanted to talk to a familiar face that I trust." She glanced back at the vampire. "No offense, but you love Elena and whatnot, so I can't exactly trust you won't go blabbering my secrets to her."

Stefan only nodded, pulling out his phone and dialed Klaus' number as Faith closed the casket.

"I'm just calling to thank you for my freedom," Stefan lied, easily causing Faith to raise her eyebrow at the vampire with amusement. "Thing is, it came at too high of a price. You took everything from me, Klaus."

"You know what never gets old?" Stefan asked. "Revenge."

Finding the conversation entertaining, Faith grabbed the phone from Stefan. "What's wrong, Klaus? Missing something?"

She heard the hybrid take in a sharp breath. "Faith, what are you doing with Stefan?"

"Well, Stefan is just enjoying the freedom you gave him," Faith trailed off. "While I apparently am depressed and going off my rocker. That's what happens when your abusive mother stabs your hand with nails like fucking Jesus."

"I will kill both of you and everyone you've ever met," Klaus threatened in a low voice after Faith placed him on speaker.

"You do that and you'll never see your family again," Stefan countered back. "I wonder, Klaus as someone who's been one step ahead for one thousand years, where you prepared for this?"

• • • •
Welp. That happened 😂