9. Oh my god, they were roommates

The elections were being held the next day and the Coven finally got their moment of peace. The last two weeks were frantic for them, there were too many things that needed to be done, too many pre-elections debates to do and posters to hang.

Now they didn't need to do anything, just hope for the best. They spent the whole afternoon talking in an empty classroom and drinking terrible automat coffee. It was one of these moments that last painfully short time and it was already time to go.

They were behind the school gates when Dot remembered that she forgot her scarf. Her friends sighed, but waited for her patiently, leaning against the school fence, as she walked towards the school.

"You can't walk any slower?" Hester called out to her, which made her slow down even more.

Hester sighed and turned to Anadil, who looked just as unamused as usually. A leaf fell into her hair, one of the last ones that were still hanging on the trees, but she failed to notice.

"You've got something in your hair."

"Take it out then."

Hester sighed and did so, her hand accidentally brushing against her face in the process. Their eyes met for a second, but then they quickly looked away, staring everywhere but the other girl's face.

Hester couldn't help herself, her interactions with Ani became more awkward since the night they spent on the cliff. She couldn't just get it out of her head. She could still feel the softness of her skin, the gentle warmth she felt when she was leaning against her as they listened to the sound of ocean together.

And she has been craving to kiss her, to find out if her lips were just as soft as her hands, to play with her hair once more...

Hester believed that all the best choices are made in the spur of the moment and for some reason, she was feeling brave, so she said: "I hate you less than the other people."

And then she instantly regretted that.

"Sweet," smirked Anadil.

"I'm trying to say that, you, uhm, are hella cool." Hester wanted to slap herself.

"Thanks, you too," Anadil seemed to be amused at her terrible attempts to confess.

"You aren't helping!" groaned Hester.

"Helping with what?"

Hester took a deep breath and then blurted out: "Basically you are amazing as fuck and I like you quite a lot and I want to kiss you right now."

"Do it then, coward." And before Hester could actually do it, Anadil gently pulled her closer and waited, as if she was giving her space to back down, but Hester had no intention in doing so, she waited for the moment for way too long. She wrapped her hands around her waist, erasing the small space between them and their lips finally connected.

Their first kiss was small and quick and sweet, but the second they separated, they knew it wasn't enough and they kissed again and again, losing track of time, the only thing they could feel was the softness of each other's lips, their foreheads pressing together and hands intertwined and they didn't need anything else to be happy, just being together was enough.

They were soon interrupted by Dot's loud squealing. "I knew it!"

They pulled away from each other, their cheeks a dark shade of red.

"For how long have you been dating?" asked Dot.

"What-"

"We aren't-"