Brothers

You shifted in your cushion seat. The weekday had finally arrived and you had to go back to work. You couldn't exactly tell your boss what happened to you, not that she would believe you if you did. Your eyes felt tired scanning the screen of your notes mind drifting. You knew Dabi was supposedly keeping an eye on you, you wondered if he was watching you now. You shuttered remembering the hellish smile.

You slap your cheeks together and begin typing on your computer once again. Regardless of everything that has happened you still needed to work. Your work was going to save your life after all. Your eyes wandered to the clock on your screen. Now was a good time as ever.

"I'm heading out for fieldwork. I may or may not be back," you announced to your peers. No one said anything, but a few people smiled and nodded. You gathered your things and left the office. You were trying to get in contact with Shouto Todoroki, Endeavor's youngest son. He was currently attending Yuuei Academy, also known as U.A. The staff there wasn't too keen on the media though, which means you needed to be quick and efficient.

You observed around 3:00 p.m. he would briefly shift from the main campus building to the dorms. Within that time, you needed to try and talk with him. Once you arrive, you idly lean next to a tree. The breeze of the wind shifts the leaves above you. You can hear and see high school students in their uniforms hanging out and talking with one another. Your stomach began to bubble in anxiety fearing Shouto may have friends that would encourage him to get away from you.

Soon enough, you spot him. He looked just like he did during the sports festival. His body was literally half and half—crimson, porcelain, grey, and turquoise. On the side of his turquoise eye laid a large red scar. Your heart sank at the sight. The poor boy had clearly dealt with a lot. Shouto was alone, focused on his phone. You quickly crossed the street and put on the biggest smile on your lips.

"Hi, Shouto Todoroki, right?" you greeted. Shouto looked at you briefly before looking down at his phone again. A deep sigh erupted from his lips. You knew you were the last person he wanted to see or deal with right now.

"Can I help you," he responded. You pointed to your press badge with your name, face, and title. His eyes wandered to it before focusing on your own orbs. You were shocked how similarly he looked to Dabi though, even if his hair was black.

"You shouldn't be on the premises," he cooly stated. You forced out a laugh and waved your hand. Of course, you knew that. You would've gone through the proper channels, but who in U.A. would let you in knowing you were doing a story on Endeavor's misdeeds.

"I know. I just have some questions about you, Endeavor and your mother," you responded. The once thin line Todoroki gave you formed into a deep frown. His eyebrows furrowed and his eyes narrowed at your form. His gaze was so icy.

"Get away from me before I call someone. You're trespassing," Todoroki hissed. Your once wide smile faltered. It appeared your statement struck a nerve with the young Todoroki. You couldn't blame him though. He was probably suffering and haunted because of it. You placed your hands in front of you to try and ease the situation.

"Okay, okay. I understand. If you ever change your mind, you can go to the office building my press badge suggests. I hope I didn't bother you too much," you exclaimed. Todoroki gave one last glare to your figure before walking away. You could see a few people where Todoroki was headed whispering and pointing at you.

"I won't."

Lights and music erupted in the area. The small bar was filled with young adults dancing and cheering juxtaposing your gloom figure. You took sips of your Rum and Coke staring off into space. Back in college, whenever you dealt with a hard story or class, you had gone to the bars with your friends and cheered up. You didn't have many friends in Japan, not to say you were too anti-social. You just didn't.