Agony

Keigo idly opened your laptop. The screen was dark before it flashed a bright white. On the screen held your name and asked for your password. Keigo clicked his tongue. He had underestimated you and thought you had not put a password on your laptop. His amber-orbs gazed over where you previously laid. He got up and stretched. Looks like he was going to be using some old tricks he learned when he was training under the Hero Commission.

'(Y/n)'

'Journalist'

'HawksLover'

Keigo impatiently tapped on the side of the laptop. It appeared that you weren't stupid enough to have a simple password, but it made things harder on him. He didn't want to bring your laptop in the encrypt it with his sidekicks and interns around. That would cause too much suspicion. Keigo dramatically groaned, his mind still on you. You were a foreigner, your looks and accent revealed that. Maybe he needed to put something in English.

His eyes snapped open.

'FirstAmendment'

'Freedomofthepress'

The screen opened to your homepage. The homepage had a picture of you. You were smiling, in black graduation robes with some friends of yours. A college degree was in your hand. Keigo gave a small smile looking at the picture. You seemed much happier and calmer than how you are now. His smile began to falter. He knew jobs could change a person though—he was no different.

Keigo scrolled and clicked on the internet browser. A document quickly popped up. On the top of the Google Document, read Todoroki + LoV. Keigo bit his lip in curiosity. This was the document that had got the two of you in trouble in the first place. His eyes quickly scanned over the information in the document. His stomach began to drop looking at a picture of who appeared to be 'Touya'.

"Didn't peg Dabi to have red hair. He looks just like Endeavor," Keigo muttered out. The information in the document would help him gain leverage against Dabi. His mission to infiltrate the League of Villains was extremely important. He was haunted by the sins he committed every day for his goal. At the same time, Keigo felt his admiration for the flamed-hero begin to dwindle. If the allegations of the information you outlined were true, Endeavor wasn't a good person. He knew Endeavor had his moments, but to think his favorite hero abused his family—the image of him would definitely change.

Keigo felt his pocket vibrate. He rolled his eyes, still wrapped up with reading your document. Whoever was calling was most likely one of his sidekicks or interns. They could wait. He'd get ready for patrol momentarily. He wasn't the only hero in Japan.

Keigo froze for a second, imagining Dabi's body in front of him. Similarly to Shouto, Endeavor's youngest son, he had a scar on his eye. Although it was from his mother, a part of Keigo wondered about Dabi's burnt skin.

Did Endeavor do that to him?

Keigo paused for a moment feeling sick. He needed a moment to process everything. He clicked on another tab and saw a photo of you. You were dressed professionally, a bright smile was on your face. It was your biography for the news station you were working at. Keigo hummed. It looks like you two were the same age after all. Keigo continued to stare at the photo.

He probably shouldn't have kicked you out so early. It most likely wasn't safe yet. He felt his pocket vibrate once more. He looked down and glared at his pocket. Someone was adamant about reaching him, but Keigo wasn't in the mood. He needed to somehow download all of this information. Did he have a flash drive here or did he need to buy one?

His phone began to vibrate again. With an annoyed sigh, Keigo reached in and grabbed it. His face tensed to see it was Dabi calling him. Keigo tightened the grip on his phone. He was probably going to ask Keigo information on you or about information about the heroes. Keigo clenched his jaw and cursed, he didn't want to deal with this right now.

Keigo quickly pressed the green button and held the phone out to his ear.

"If it isn't my favorite person in the world. How can I help you Dabi," Keigo greeted brightly. He hated acting all perky with Dabi, but he still needed the information Dabi provided him about the League of Villains. Keigo needed to join and expose their weakness after all. He heard Dabi chuckle on the other side of the phone. This laugh wasn't like previous laughs he's heard from the villain. It seemed much more amused, much more sinister.

"Looks like you finally picked up. Check your phone, chicken-wing," Dabi replied before abruptly hanging up. Keigo narrowed his eyes towards his blank wall. He hated that nickname so much. It didn't help you decided to call him that last night. He couldn't help his quick happened to give him bird-like qualities. Keigo shifted his phone in front of him and clicked on his messages. His eyes widened as he instantly dropped his phone.

In Dabi's messages, there was a photo of you. Your eyes were crying, mouth agape. Keigo could imagine your voice begging out for help. A part of your arm was a bloody mess. Clearly Dabi had given you second-degree burns.

'I thought we could all get together from last night. You two did leave in such a hurry'

This was Keigo's fault. He shouldn't have pushed you out. Keigo quickly got dressed. His wings seemed on edge. He needed to save you from Dabi. At least he had a good understanding of where you were.

You continuously cried. Your hands were tied up behind you. The burn on your right arm screamed in pain. You couldn't even put your hand on it to soothe it. Dabi's placed his foot right next to your head. He tilted his head down, looming over your figure laying down on the ground.

"Why do you know the name of Touya," Dabi seethed. You clenched your jaw and flexed your muscles to try and handle the pain. You couldn't even respond because of the agony your arm was giving you.

"...I-I," you stammered out. Dabi tapped his foot by your head impatiently. You knew you needed to force a response out, or else he would crush your skull.

"I-I saw his grave when I was visiting a friend. I connected the dots with the Todoroki family. No one told me anything. I don't have any proof either," you force yourself to say. Dabi placed his foot on your head and applied some pressure on it. You shut your eyes close.

You were going to die. This was it.

"Seems like a bullshit answer to me," Dabi stated. You begin to sob again trying to shake your head in response to his statement.

"I promise you it's not. I'm an investigative journalist. We do these types of things," you cried. Dabi started to apply more pressure. You could see in your mirror he was smiling at your agony. He looked like a demon. He was a demon.

"Bullshit. I'll give you one more chance before I make your pretty smooth skin resemble mine," Dabi threatened. You began to cry harder.

"It is the truth I swear. I promise you!" you screamed. Your chest was heaving. You could barely breathe. Dabi let part of himself catch on fire again. The hot azura fire grazed over your skin. You wanted this to end.

Just end it already...

You heard Dabi click his tongue, looking at the satchel beside you. A red feather was vibrating within it. Dabi let out a chuckle, gazing at the lone feather. He had ceased the fire burning on his side. You were relieved to not feel the heat from the flames

"He's smarter than I give him credit for," Dabi muttered under his breath.